Next-Server for ER7206 - 6 months in.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-06 16:42:49 - last edited 2024-01-15 17:19:17
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.0

Not working as of Dec 5, 2023 when using DHCP directly from the router.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Next-Server for ER7206 - 6 months in.
2023-09-07 02:36:51 - last edited 2023-10-10 02:18:57

Hi @greenaar 

Unfortunately, we have learned that there are so many aspects of Omada router that cannot meet your expectations. We have been doing our best to optimize our iterative products and hope to meet the needs of different customers and satisfy them.

We don't and cannot guarantee any feature to be available on a firmware or controller release. It could be delayed due to other factors.

The feature has been brought forward to the decision-makers and has been planned. But please be aware that "Planned" or "Under Consideration" is not a guarantee, and TP-Link reserves the right to modify this stage at any time without notifying the poster or follower in the thread.

Though this is a definition of the tag on our forum. It applies to some planned features you hear from the support.

There may be some beta developed for temporary fixes to some users. But it is not a guarantee it would be implemented in the official release.

On my check, the last reply from the dev team, the feature you asked for was delayed to the V5.13 controller. This is estimated. Not a guarantee. We still have many other features or functions which have higher priority.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-09-07 02:48:53 - last edited 2023-10-10 02:18:57

@Clive_A honestly, the only feature I wanted - needed, which wasn't present was PXE support.

I'd been given 2 rounds of assurances the changes would go in, so as the tickets I'd opened for this were closed, I assumed it was a sure thing.  I was more than a little upset when that didn't appear to be the case.

That said, see my followup -- PXE support *DOES* exist, but only with a specially crafted options string, which isn't documented anywhere I could find.  I figured it out primarily by beating on the config and trying more and more obscure things, until i found the right combination.

If I'd known this worked (I don't know when this became the case, i thought i'd tried this on a much earlier firmware and it failed), I would've happily thanked the devs, made my config changes, and gone back to using the systems.  I didn't, so my reaction was as shown above.

I've since updated the ticket with support notifying them of the combination that works, asking that they drop it in a document, and to close my open ticket(s).

I've updated the original post to point to the solution, I imagine at least one other business owner out there 1) uses tp link routers and 2) needs PXE support.

Options
2023-09-10 16:52:03 - last edited 2023-10-10 02:18:57

@greenaar 

A little confused with this thread?

I have PXE boot working with SCCM and MDT servers with no issues.  

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
2023-10-09 10:43:30 - last edited 2023-10-10 02:18:57

@greenaar Is this in stand alone mode? I can't find the option anywhere in Controller mode and option 66 simply gets ignored by the computers I have, instead they all refer to the next server information in the DHCP ACK packet.

Options
2023-10-11 13:31:56

@Hertog_Jan 

If it gets ignored... that usually means the file path is wrong or the file name is wrong.  

I have PXE boot working with windows sccm and MDT.  

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 516

Replies: 5

Related Articles