url filtering not working for google

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-06 19:30:10 - last edited 2023-09-06 19:31:17
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 Build 20230511 Rel.51317

I'm trying to allow all google services ( gmail, drive, etc...) nd block everything else.

I created 2 rules labeled as this :

1. Allow

*google*
    *google.ml*
    *google.com*
    *google.fr*

2. Block

*.*

Now i can access google.com but here's the issue.

If i hover my mouse over the square (google apps) on the top right corner to open google drive, nothing happen when i click on the square.

Also, if i click on the gmail link on the top right corner, i have the authentication page. i type my email but after hitting next, my email get removed from the email field and i have to type it again.

Any help will be appreciated, thank you.

Options
1 Reply
Re:url filtering not working for google
2023-09-07 03:07:04

Hi @billy123 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

TBH, I don't understand what you mean by this paragraph.

billy123 wrote

Now i can access google.com but here's the issue.

If i hover my mouse over the square (google apps) on the top right corner to open google drive, nothing happen when i click on the square.

Also, if i click on the gmail link on the top right corner, i have the authentication page. i type my email but after hitting next, my email get removed from the email field and i have to type it again.

I don't have suggestions for this because it is not my job.

For the URL filtering, you may refer to the guide: How to Configure Web Filtering to Block Sites

You may need more than one URL to enable the block. If you are not using the wildcard to block Google, you need to find at least several URLs that may be related to Google services.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 229

Replies: 1

Related Articles