ER7212PC bug with no NAT reflection / hairpinning / loopback

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-06 23:18:30 - last edited 2023-09-07 08:24:10
Tags: #NAT
Model: ER7212PC  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

Hi @Clive_A , i have the ER7212PC router installed, and attached my web server PC with NAT redirection to IP + port 80, i have the latest firmware installer on the router.
my extern domain name is targeting the router and then translates through NAT perfectly, only when my source computer or phone is not on the local LAN.

at work i call my domain and worked as expected, but on local lan/home it refuses to connect, there are no settings on the ER7212PC to setup/configure reflection/hairpinning/loopback features, this should work out of the box and it is not.

when could ER7212PC reflection/hairpinning/loopback bug can be fixed ? we can't acces local computers by their external name ( => NAT)  on the local network.
nb: dont propose me split dns
thx

Options
6 Reply
Re:ER7212PC bug with no NAT reflection / hairpinning / loopback
2023-09-07 01:31:07 - last edited 2023-09-07 01:31:23

@stephK 

I can confirm this bug with the latest firmware. I was unable to use the DNS on my pi-hole naming and had to resort to IP address. I had some result with all items in the same VLAN but between other VLAN's no chance. In the end i downgraded back to 1.0.3 and all started working again. I did place a hint at a problem on the official release thread but had no reply. 

Archer MR600 V1 3G/4G ER7212PC v1.0 TL-SG2210P v5.0 4 x EAP653(EU) v1.0
Options
2023-09-07 08:23:26 - last edited 2023-09-07 08:24:37

Hi @stephK 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Need a network diagram. And backup of your settings.

I'll create a case and send it for further diagnostics.

I also need a screenshot of the issue. Please prepare them and send it to the email you receive later.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-09-07 09:37:18 - last edited 2023-09-08 11:47:26

@Clive 
here is the diagram + settings send me the email pls , help needed !
thank you

Options
2023-09-11 06:15:19 - last edited 2023-09-11 06:29:29

Hi @stephK 

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID230917231, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-09-18 07:18:42 - last edited 2023-09-18 07:18:56

@TazDevilLooney the suggested solution to resolve the issue:

- on your omada web interface, click on the router => right panels => ports
- enable "mirroring" => select the WAN port you want to get mirrored => select mode "ingress and egress"
- apply the setting, you should see a "mirroing icon" on the row of your LAN in the list
solution provided by the TP-Link team

Options
2023-09-18 07:30:42 - last edited 2023-09-18 07:31:29

Hi @stephK

stephK wrote

@TazDevilLooney the suggested solution to resolve the issue:

- on your omada web interface, click on the router => right panels => ports
- enable "mirroring" => select the WAN port you want to get mirrored => select mode "ingress and egress"
- apply the setting, you should see a "mirroing icon" on the row of your LAN in the list
solution provided by the TP-Link team

Hey! I suggest you don't jump to the conclusion. So, the senior engineer built up a network in our lab and tried to reproduce your issue. From the email, he said we can make NAT loopback work. There is no issue with the firmware.

So he suspects that your network is not behaving correctly and asking for you to Wireshark and provide capture so that we can try to locate the reason why.

I would suggest you take it slow and read what was said in the reply. Instead of being sarcastic here.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 566

Replies: 6

Tags

Related Articles