After migrate Omada between ESX host gateway is disconnected, restart gateway help for few hours

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

After migrate Omada between ESX host gateway is disconnected, restart gateway help for few hours

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:After migrate Omada between ESX host gateway is disconnected, restart gateway help for few hours
2023-09-11 02:26:14

@DREEMus 

tbh, if you are a business owner, I mean, ordered like hundreds of products for them, you got VIP support or local company support which is not some support you can get if you are a consumer-level customer. 

i also came across their customized firmware for some businesses. not open to the public. with some customized build features. but only based on your contract and order. 

i noticed they hyped up omada pro, then it's gonna be a paid service then. would be suitable for people like you who are more pro. free software, half a year an update, isn't quite meeting people's expectations, is it?

2.2.0 is a firmware that has been pulled back and beta 2.1.4. was released to fix bugs. back to the time when it was released, there was something wrong with the adoption, constant disconnection. so I suggest you avoid that version. 

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
Re:After migrate Omada between ESX host gateway is disconnected, restart gateway help for few hours
2023-09-11 06:39:31

@Tedd404 

Thx Tedd, i red that text about Omada Pro, paid support and so on, but there is no option to get detailed logs/errors from Omada.

According to "there was something wrong with the adoption, constant disconnection", i don't have any issues before migration of VM between ESXis for months (after update to 2.2.0).

"i noticed they hyped up omada pro, then it's gonna be a paid service then. would be suitable for people like you who are more pro. free software, half a year an update, isn't quite meeting people's expectations, is it?"

You buy Omada hardware to not use Omada? Price of Omada controller is included in hardware, all other company do the same, so i can't agreed with you here.

It's time to look in Java file of Omada i check what they do right, and what not.

+20y experience in Linux/UNIX, +12y VMware, +10y as network admin, +8y as AIX admin (professional) I really know what is going on at background, please don't try to cheat me TP-Link :)
Options
2023-09-11 06:43:02

@DREEMus 

there is a thing called "export for support" but that requires a customized controller to view that. too bad that we don't have access to that. 

i am thinking of reverse engineering the whole controller thing so I can better manage and understand how it works. maybe develop it on my own and ditch the update.. 

i have not invested my time for it yet. 

you probably can export the running log which is the common way for them to analyze the data. running log would record more detailed data and log than then log system you can access from the web interface. 

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
Related Articles