ER605 Backup USB Modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ER605 Backup USB Modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
ER605 Backup USB Modem
ER605 Backup USB Modem
2023-09-10 06:42:01
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.2

Hi All,

Does anyone know whether the ER605 will work with a Huawei E8372h-608 USB modem? I've had an internet outage all weekend and it has re-enforced the need for a backup solution!

None of the modems listed - https://www.tp-link.com/au/er605/compatibility/ - are available in Australia.

Options
3 Reply
Re:ER605 Backup USB Modem
2023-09-11 03:25:13

Hi @Cozz 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Sorry that we cannot test all the models from all countries. If the USB modem you buy can be returned within 30 days with no conditions, you probably can buy it and give it a try.

We cannot guarantee that any USB modem works 100% perfectly with our router, but I think most USB modems would fit it.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-09-11 06:32:13

Many USB modems these days operate in HiLink mode, where they are effectively a router and allocate an IP to the connection via DHCP. These wont work with the ER605 , it needs a modem that will operate in 'stick' mode. Some modems can be switched between modes but I'm not sure on the 8872

Options
2023-09-11 06:42:08

@Cozz 

Hi All. Just as an FYI - the 8372 does NOT work with the ER605. I was hoping to provide a connection to all devices whilst the outage resolves itself however this was not to be.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 592

Replies: 3

Related Articles