ER7212PC VLan port assign issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-17 04:36:48 - last edited 2023-09-18 01:00:44
Model: ER7212PC  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

ER7212PC 3in1 VPN router has a little bit problem with PVID assigned to each port. Although I have already configured the VLAN assigned to each port, When I assigned it to the network printer with static IP, the network printer did not communicate with each other device in respective VLAN. Other devices in that VLAN are working normally. The Internet can be browsed in that VLAN.

I also checked out and reconfigured again in the VLAN  setting and PVID in each port @ ER7212PC. Finally, the network printer can communicate with each other.

Rebooting and Cloud-connected time is around 10 minutessadsadsad

If Electricity is unstable, some configurations will be lost and harm that device.

Options
1 Reply
Re:ER7212PC VLan port assign issue
2023-09-18 03:11:59

Hi @MeGa-Link 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

MeGa-Link wrote

ER7212PC 3in1 VPN router has a little bit problem with PVID assigned to each port. Although I have already configured the VLAN assigned to each port, When I assigned it to the network printer with static IP, the network printer did not communicate with each other device in respective VLAN. Other devices in that VLAN are working normally. The Internet can be browsed in that VLAN.

I also checked out and reconfigured again in the VLAN  setting and PVID in each port @ ER7212PC. Finally, the network printer can communicate with each other.

Rebooting and Cloud-connected time is around 10 minutessadsadsad

If Electricity is unstable, some configurations will be lost and harm that device.

1. Not sure about the issue you said. My test on ER605 and ER8411 with the latest public firmware and controller has shown that the port PVID works as expected. I am suspicious about your description of the assignment of static IP. Does the printer get the IP properly? Have you checked the printer after assigning the IP and PVID?

2. Slow reboot is normal when you add more and more rules and entries. ER7212PC hardware needs to run both controller and router features and functions. I would not say this is abnormal.

3. I don't see why you make this statement that configuration will be lost and harm the device. First, if there is an outage, the device will simply shut down. If you have saved all of your config, nothing will be lost. 

If you are worried about the damage to the device, connect the grounding terminal then.

Lightning Protection Guide

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 328

Replies: 1

Related Articles