Port Fordwaring issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Port Fordwaring issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Port Fordwaring issues
Port Fordwaring issues
2023-09-18 05:38:22
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)   SG2008P  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.0

I have an ER605 v2.2.0 VPN Router with an TL-SG2008P v3.0.5 switch a OC200 controller and some AP's. I was trying to set up port forwarding which not hard but I could not get it to work. I was doing this all in the Omada controller. I tried several computers and they all had the same issue. I factory reset the router and adopted it back with the same issue. I did not test outside of Omada. After messing with it for an hour I found that I could only get port forwarding to work if the computer I want to ports fw is plugged in directory to the VPN Router (ER605). Any computer connected to the switch (TL-SG20008P) would not allow ports to be forward. I have not tested my AP's but they are connected to this same switch. Am i missing something? 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Port Fordwaring issues
2023-09-18 06:58:33

Hi @pwnjuice 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Perform the downgrade to 2.1.4 beta: Early Access ER605 V2_2.1.4_Build 20230727 Beta Firmware For Trial (Released on Aug 2nd, 2023)

V2.2.0 was removed due to some unstable issues. So, if this happens to 2.2.0, I think it could be the firmware issue.

If the issue persists, refer to this: Troubleshooting Virtual Services on the Router Doesn't Take Effect

And I also need a network diagram of your setup.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2023-09-29 01:56:59
So I did not do any change to the firmware or anything. I decided to hook up a non Omada smart switch to the Router and the port FW started to work. After I did that I moved the ethernet cable back to the SG2008P switch without doing anything else and the damn thing started to work. Port FW is now working on that switch. I am lost how plugging a different switch in fixed this.
Options
2023-09-29 01:56:59
So I did not do any change to the firmware or anything. I decided to hook up a non Omada smart switch to the Router and the port FW started to work. After I did that I moved the ethernet cable back to the SG2008P switch without doing anything else and the damn thing started to work. Port FW is now working on that switch. I am lost how plugging a different switch in fixed this.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 354

Replies: 3

Related Articles