ER7206 wan down Even 10min

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-24 05:22:19 - last edited 2023-09-25 06:03:03
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Hi,
I have an ER7206  that I have connected directly to gpon fiber converter, but then I get "wan down" every 10 minutes. If I use an ISP router between GPON and ER7602, it works fine. Does anyone have suggestions for settings that can solve this?

Options
3 Reply
Re:ER7206 wan down Even 10min
2023-09-25 02:18:59

Hi @Hagen88 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

If that's the case, you should use the ISP-provided device if it is a modem. The fiber converter is different from the modem. The modulator is not the fiber converter.

Set it to bridge mode which turns the ISP device into the modem, this is the best and ideal way. If it cannot, and you fail to MAC clone its MAC address, then there is no other way to bypass it.

You should be honest with the ISP, instead of trying things to bypass it. Probably the ISP can simply give you access.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2023-09-26 18:02:03

Hello @Clive_A

I have been honest with the ISP, I have spoken to them and they say I should be able to connect the ER7206 directly to the ONT modem, but when I do this the wan port drops every 10 minutes.
Options
2023-09-27 01:24:10

Hi @Hagen88 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Hagen88 wrote

Hello @Clive_A

I have been honest with the ISP, I have spoken to them and they say I should be able to connect the ER7206 directly to the ONT modem, but when I do this the wan port drops every 10 minutes.

I have trouble providing further suggestions if you can only provide me with this little information. At least some IP addresses, your media converter model, or picture and connection type. If it works for 10 minutes, then it should not be the MAC clone. It can connect and is very likely to be the fiber or ISP end issue. So, I don't have any suggestions for you unless you have more information.

Or you can just call your regional support number and provide information to them. And they should walk you through the troubleshooting. Forum or email support needs more than a single line.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 427

Replies: 3

Related Articles