Browsing Web Interface and Getting Logged Out

Browsing Web Interface and Getting Logged Out

20 Reply
Re:Browsing Web Interface and Getting Logged Out
3 weeks ago

Hi  @LGX550 

LGX550 wrote

EDIT:
Ignore the below - 2 minutes after posting this it continued to happen, even in incog. Very frustrating.

Off the back of this, if anyone else is struggling with this god awful bug, I found a solution online (Credit to User30 on this forum page https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/544550) Basically, create a host entry. Incog seems to work too, but the host entry is a nice and clean solution that you can forget about IMO.

May I know the controller version you are testing? 

Have you tried to uninstall the controller totally(removing the config file also) then re-install again?

I'm running a windows software controller v5.13.23 right now. I do not see this issue happens on my pc. 

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2 weeks ago

@Fae 

hi - thanks for your response. I'm not sure I fully understand, I'm not using any controller software. This issue occurs on the web UI on any browser (chrome, Firefox, edge etc) 

I experience the issue regardless of whether I attempt to go to the local IP of the router, or use the tplinkwifi.net UI link. 

Options
2 weeks ago

Hi  @LGX550 

We may not on the same page.. This thread is discussing a web browser compatible issue with Omada Software Controller. It's not related to specified device's management page. 

LGX550 wrote

@Fae 

hi - thanks for your response. I'm not sure I fully understand, I'm not using any controller software. This issue occurs on the web UI on any browser (chrome, Firefox, edge etc) 

I experience the issue regardless of whether I attempt to go to the local IP of the router, or use the tplinkwifi.net UI link. 

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2 weeks ago

@LGX550 hi, i have the same issue (controller constantly logging out, sometimes instantly, sometimes after ten seconds etc.) - could I ask, for your hosts entry did you point the domain tplinkwifi.net at the controller ip address, or the gateway/router ip address?

thanks 

Options
2 weeks ago

@redpencil hi - apologies, my issue was actually completely unrelated and I didn't realise this thread was for a specific controller. I got redirected here from another forum about issues with the WebUI on a TP link Archer constantly kicking me out.

my host entry also wasn't the fix for that, my root problem was being caused by the home assistant TP link addon. TPLink devices seem to class that as another admin using the device so it kicks you out.

doubt it'll help...but thought it worth mentioning in case it helps you for your issue!

Options
a week ago

@mbentley i have this issue also using a REAL hardware OC200.

I wonder if it's a firmware bug of omada?

i'm on firmware version 1.29.4

what version of the firmware is your github release based on?

Options
a week ago

People have reported it since v5.12.7, meaning that some people are also seeing it happen on 5.13.30.8.  The published versions as Docker images are on the readme: https://github.com/mbentley/docker-omada-controller?tab=readme-ov-file#multi-arch-tags

Options
a week ago

Hi  @fatjoez 

We found some people face this issue when they are using VPN or have firewall enabled. The controller detected source IP changing so it logged out. 

May I know how you login to the controller page, via local IP address? Or via omada cloud website?

Which web browser you are using?(like Google Chrome 125.0.6422.142 etc.)

Thanks.

fatjoez wrote

@mbentley i have this issue also using a REAL hardware OC200.

I wonder if it's a firmware bug of omada?

i'm on firmware version 1.29.4

what version of the firmware is your github release based on?

Options
a week ago

Hi  @mbentley 

We had made improvement on v5.13, so it should not happen on V5.13 and higher version...

We will do further research on this issue, thanks.

mbentley wrote

People have reported it since v5.12.7, meaning that some people are also seeing it happen on 5.13.30.8.  The published versions as Docker images are on the readme: https://github.com/mbentley/docker-omada-controller?tab=readme-ov-file#multi-arch-tags

Options
a week ago

Hi  @fatjoez 

I saw you have created another thread about this issue. I will reply you on that thread.

Options