L2TP VPN connection when using 4G dongle in

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

L2TP VPN connection when using 4G dongle in

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
12 Reply
Re:L2TP VPN connection when using 4G dongle in
2023-10-08 01:41:29

@Carlootje 

Hi, as I know USB port is designed as backup link in TP-Link product. On official website it says "Mobile broadband via 4G/3G modem is supported for WAN backup by connecting to the USB port." So it is designed like this that you cannot choose USB port as WAN in VPN settings.

"SY" is a 22-year old boy presenting to the tp-link community with brain empty. Take care of yourself, and be well. Loycechan030
Options
Re:L2TP VPN connection when using 4G dongle in
2023-10-08 02:16:54

@Carlootje 

Carlootje wrote

@MR.S 

Yes that is what I am doing now so I have a work around. But since two years we have suddenly an USB with 4G wich is good but in this way not working. 

if you would like to use it, you should at least use ipsec failover. i am not sure if your model supports that or not. not the l2tp vpn. it only works on the WAN port and will never use the backup wan.

backup wan is only effective for the backup connection for internet. not gonna take over the vpn. 

not to mention that the USB modem was introduced as the backup wan at the very beginning of this product. afraid that would never work. 

but try the MR.S workaround by a 4g router on WAN interface instead of USB. 

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options

Tags

Related Articles