Votes

Feature request: cell connection details

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-06 06:26:38 - last edited 2023-10-09 10:10:31

Hi

As a user of a cell network router it's important to be able to find out which cell tower is being connected to.

This allows the user to locate the cell tower in order to correctly position the antennae.

With the MR600 this is particularly important as it allows the user to correctly configure external antennae, which is a selling point of the router.

I think this could be a quick win for you.

There's no new logic required, simply a page in the router admin system to expose existing values.

Your competition (Huawei for example) provide this facility, so it's definitely a gap in your offering.

Please can someone at tplink consider this and provide a response? If it's on a backlog, how far down the line is it? Or if it's a case that someone has decided it's something that won't be implemented, could you confirm that?

I'd be interested in talking to someone from your product/engineering teams if someone was willing.

Thanks

Dave

Options
1 Reply
Re:Feature request: cell connection details
2023-10-09 10:10:05 - last edited 2023-10-09 10:10:20

@DaveEm 

Hello, thank you for posting on the TP-Link community, and we certainly appreciate all your feedback and feature request(s) here.

While we don't have any specific details that I can share around if cell tower information can come to all the 4G routers, or when it might, I'll make sure to log this feature request and pass it along to the team.

I'm moving this conversation into the ‘Feature Request (Routers)' area and tagging it as a ‘Future Consideration' for better visibility.

Feel free to let us know of any other feature requests you may have, we’d be happy to send them up for you.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 218

Replies: 1

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.