Deco P9 Mesh - Keep loosing connection to internet until I switch connection to another SSID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco P9 Mesh - Keep loosing connection to internet until I switch connection to another SSID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-12 06:59:46
Tags: #loss of connection
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 Build 20201228 Rel. 55057

I am not sure about teh Hardware version. I cannot find it on the outside of teh unit. The Model is P9(1.0).
Issue:

I intermittently loose my connection for a few minutes or until I select another SSID from another wireless router and then immediately select the Deco SSID again.
It is ias if my lease if dropped on the Deco and I have to renew it.
I am on the latest firmware version.

This has only started to do this over the last few days.
I think it is from any of the Deco Meshed units.
I will try the following now to help diagnose the issue
Turn off all other Deco units and just connect to Deco that is plugged into my local ISP router to eliminate the connection between Deco units.
Then plug into Deco unit via network cable.
In teh meantime any help would be appreciated, especially if others have seen the same symptoms.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco P9 Mesh - Keep loosing connection to internet until I switch connection to another SSID
2023-10-13 06:23:42

@Tuckers 

Your drop issues may be related to powerline backhaul.

What is mentioned in this link may help you:

Improve Powerline Backhaul on Deco P9 - Home Network Community (tp-link.com)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 243

Replies: 1

Tags

loss of connection
Related Articles