Router functionality

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Router functionality

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Router functionality
Router functionality
2023-10-13 20:51:17 - last edited 2023-10-16 12:02:14
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I have a question, we have a small hotel (150-200 customers, almost all on smartphones) r605, a couple of commentators and 6 points 620 650 670. The incoming channel is 50mbit. So, in the web interface, there is very stripped-down information in the context of clients, some kind of impersonal. For example, in home routers, you can see in real time, traffic in the context of customers personally, which applications use traffic, assign ranges, points, schedules, and so on. There is none of this, and the information is not displayed online, only after some time. The question is that something will change in functionality if we replace the gateway with ER707-M2 or ER8411. Or even a gateway from Omada Pro. Or start a piece of hardware with pfsense, for example, using it already as a gateway. What do you recommend?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Router functionality-Solution
2023-10-16 11:31:42 - last edited 2023-10-16 12:02:14

21  @mur77 I'm sorry, I didn't indicate that we have an OC200v1 controller. Naturally, we use Omada for its intended purpose, a mobile application too. And we don't like the meager functionality in working with clients. After opening the client, you can assign a static address and make a shaping. AND THAT'S IT!!! In the general information panel, you will never see traffic in the context of customers, the traffic will be general and will not be online (5-8 minute delay) Well, is it really not clear about my question? To watch (at least with a delay) which of the clients is currently using traffic and how much, it is necessary to constantly update the page with clients, and with some random error you will see approximately something. But absolutely incomprehensible numbers, torrents, voice data, page views, etc??? And there is no live traffic

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Router functionality
2023-10-16 06:38:13

@mur77

You can try to use Omada Controller to manage your network. The Dashboard and Statistics functions in the Omada Controller interface may have what you want.

Here is a download link for Omada Software Controller, as well as a user guide for your reference.

Download for Omada Software Controller | TP-Link 

1910013343_Omada SDN Controller_User Guide_REV5.9.0.pdf (tp-link.com)

Options
Re:Router functionality
2023-10-16 07:31:49

Hi @mur77 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

mur77 wrote

I have a question, we have a small hotel (150-200 customers, almost all on smartphones) r605, a couple of commentators and 6 points 620 650 670. The incoming channel is 50mbit. So, in the web interface, there is very stripped-down information in the context of clients, some kind of impersonal. For example, in home routers, you can see in real time, traffic in the context of customers personally, which applications use traffic, assign ranges, points, schedules, and so on. There is none of this, and the information is not displayed online, only after some time. The question is that something will change in functionality if we replace the gateway with ER707-M2 or ER8411. Or even a gateway from Omada Pro. Or start a piece of hardware with pfsense, for example, using it already as a gateway. What do you recommend?

Like the #1 reply, you can probably check out the Omada Controller and see if it fits your purpose.

For the Omada Pro, it is not open to home users and if you are interested in that, please visit your local website and find the Contact Us and check it with your local sales team. Omada Pro targets business users and partners with customized firmware or other features. There might be a subscription or fee for the software use.

Move back to your question, for the ER7206, there is a feature named DPI, and it is helpful in finding out what traffic and sites your clients visit. However, this feature is proprietary to the standalone mode ER7206 and yet is a beta one. You can probably wait for a few months and check other models later. I think our high-performance routers will support this soon and in controller mode.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Re:Router functionality-Solution
2023-10-16 11:31:42 - last edited 2023-10-16 12:02:14

21  @mur77 I'm sorry, I didn't indicate that we have an OC200v1 controller. Naturally, we use Omada for its intended purpose, a mobile application too. And we don't like the meager functionality in working with clients. After opening the client, you can assign a static address and make a shaping. AND THAT'S IT!!! In the general information panel, you will never see traffic in the context of customers, the traffic will be general and will not be online (5-8 minute delay) Well, is it really not clear about my question? To watch (at least with a delay) which of the clients is currently using traffic and how much, it is necessary to constantly update the page with clients, and with some random error you will see approximately something. But absolutely incomprehensible numbers, torrents, voice data, page views, etc??? And there is no live traffic

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 466

Replies: 3

Related Articles