VPN On Vlan help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

VPN On Vlan help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
VPN On Vlan help
VPN On Vlan help
2023-10-18 01:02:05 - last edited 2023-10-18 06:50:49

Im trying to setup and Guest wlan on a vlan always connect to VPN and I not sure what I am doing wrong. So I set up the wlan as guest and put it on vlan 80. Then I made a Lan of for the VPN for vlan 80. I then added my Client-to-Site VPN. But im not sure how to get them connected.

Any help would be awesome.

Options
7 Reply
Re:VPN On Vlan help
2023-10-18 02:25:56
It will be great if you could provide screenshots of your configuration of WLAN, VLAN, and VPN settings, cause you know that the situation and scenario you described are a little bit complicated.
Options
2023-10-18 02:28:24

@pwnjuice 

And the model number, hardware version and firmware version of your VPN router are also important for answering the question. You can upgrade your firmware version before seeking for a solution.

Options
2023-10-18 02:32:21

@pwnjuice 

And you can only set Guest WLAN without setting VLAN, cause the default configuration is that the Guest WLAN can't get access to Host WLAN and any other devices in Guest WLAN. So a Guest WLAN is enough for your inquiry.

Options
2023-10-18 15:21:07 - last edited 2023-10-19 00:42:55

@Dahliana 

Here is what I have so far. I think i am going at this the wrong way but here are some pictures

SO recap I am trying to connect to a Nord VPN server and use that connection as a wan for other interfaces or vlans. I can do this without issues in PFsense but here im struggling. Thanks

Options
2023-10-19 02:40:21

@pwnjuice 

After some research and talking to TP-Link for 5 hours which turned me into an alcoholic. This cant be done. Unless there is a Wizard that knows how to do this. The issue I see is you can not select an Wlan interface to any port or Lan or Vlan,  there is no option for this. I was thinking maybe I can make wlan 3 connnect to a PFsense box and run my VPN but I come to the same issue.

Options
2023-10-20 06:23:48

@pwnjuice 

You firstly create a VLAN80 with your LAN and WAN port, then you assign your OpenVPN Policy to it.

And  then you set WLAN and assign a VLAN to it? Actually, you don't have to set VLAN to it cause all the LAN ports of your router has been set as VLAN 80.

I suggest you connect to your SSID 2550Wifi and check the IP address.

Before setting VPN on WLAN, we suggest you take a test on the port for VPN connectivity test.

Options
2023-10-21 00:15:34

@Dahliana 

I am not sure what you asking me to try. It is clear. Can you give me a little more detail of what you would like me to try.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 293

Replies: 7

Related Articles