Hardware Controller

Hardware Controller

Hardware Controller
Hardware Controller
2023-10-22 20:59:13 - last edited 2023-10-23 01:12:09

Hi, I have only basic knowledge/skill with computers & related equipment but really needed to get some wifi down to my drum studio/mancave/barn. Just installed a starlink system and went from 10Mbps (At&T) to around 160Mbps, so with a little research thought I could put in some access points to make it happen. I have a TP-Link Archer AX73 router, 5-port Gigabit Switch TL-SG105, an Omada Hardware Controller OC 200 and 2 Omada outdoor access points EAP 110. I installed all the above per directions but can not get the software to see the controller. The controller power lights are not lit. I've tested the ethernet cables and they all work. It seems the OC 200 is broke but I'd like to ask if there is something I could do to remedy this??? Maybe I missed something setting this up? Any advice would be great...thanks!

Options
4 Reply
Re:Hardware Controller
2023-10-23 20:32:44

@drumguy101 

I installed all the above per directions but can not get the software to see the controller.

What software are you referring to?   To access the controller its best going to the controller IP and logging in via there using a browser, from there you can adopt your EAP110s

Options
2023-10-24 04:50:33

@drumguy101 

I think the problem is quite simple (and I'm going off the 'controller lights are not lit' comment here).  You have 2 ways to power the OC200 device, either POE or via a micro-USB port.  Your SG105 is not POE capable, so you MUST use a 5V micro-USB power adapter (any old pre S10 samsung phone charger will do, or a USB wall charger and USB-A to micro USB cable).  Or go buy a SG105P which does provide POE power on its ports, but if you're going to do that, you should get a switch that can be managed by the OC200 like the SG2008P.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2023-10-24 15:04:48

@drumguy101  Thanks for the feedback. Phil, the software I refered to was the Omada program to manage the system. I wanted to use a web browser on my laptop but couldn't get it running so defaulted to the app on my cell phone. d0ug, you're absolutely correct...that was the problem and angryactually fixed it an hour or so after posting the question. I saw the cable going into the back of the controller on a YouTube video and , although it was not explained, I figured out that it was supplying power. I assumed the SG-105 switch was a POE. Maybe I wouldn't have bought it if I knew that, but since I already had the usb micro power cable it was a simple fix. Again...thanks!!

Options
2023-10-25 10:41:37 - last edited 2023-10-25 10:41:48

@drumguy101 if you get the chance, mark the response by @d0ugmac1 as the answer to your question so its put up top for others that may run into the same issue. Should be a link on his post that says Mark as answer or something to that effect.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 458

Replies: 4

Related Articles