State of v1 hardware support?

State of v1 hardware support?

14 Reply
Re:State of v1 hardware support?
2024-01-15 23:00:29 - last edited 2024-01-15 23:05:15

Thank you  @Clive_A  for at least trying to conclude this.

It's clear that there is very much a language barrier so that nuances are lost or getting added: It looks like you took some meaning from me that wasn't there, and I did the same.

In the future, I would recommend making a clear distinction between what you are replying to an individual about vs. the larger audience. I've done a lot of user/customer support*, I know how frustrating it can be to write something that seems very clear and precise, and then have someone completely ignore the entire thing, or easy to lump one person in with the large mass of everyone else. On the flip side, please try to understand the perspective of the customer: they're definitely not always "right", and you can't always make them "happy", but if you hear from enough that something seems off or to cause a problem, it's worth investingating and almost always there's something that can be done to mitigate it. Or that info that you feel is common knowledge or easy to find often isn't. For example:

>I remember that I told you guys, if you are a frequent visitor to the forum

But I wasn't. Still really am not, just finally figured out how things are structured, which topics to subscribe to, etc. Assuming that someone is going to have knowledge like that is, well just plain bad.

Or you say
>get a V2 from the support team like the EOL article said

The only EOL article I've seen is the one you originally posted in this thread - this is the first I've heard about an option to "get a V2 from the support team". 

I'll DM you my order details to see if anything qualifies.

*Fortunately for me not much direct support to the public - I hear they're the worst :)

Options
2024-01-15 23:18:59

@Clive_A   - Tried to DM you: "Message cannot be sent because this member has chosen to reject your message."

Options
2024-01-16 01:20:47

@YATechMonkey 

I don't receive DM but turned it on for you. So, send over the information and we can discuss this. Proof of Purchase which can help me locate the date of your purchase.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-01-19 03:55:56 - last edited 2024-01-19 03:56:45

@YATechMonkey I have responded elsewhere with similar on this product's short life and earlier lack of transparency/awareness of its pitfalls and future.

You are encouraged to "vote with your wallet" if you feel wronged by TP-Link and/or Amazon. You may try any of the following:

• Buy the ER605-V2 from Amazon, trigger a return/refund, and send your V1 brick back in the return box
  • Buy less/no TP-Link products and Amazon purchases in the future and encourage others around you to do the same

Cheers

Options
Related Articles