Failover and online detection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-25 14:19:42 - last edited 2023-10-26 02:23:43
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20220114 Rel.76871

I have the following setup

ISP1 - 200 MBps - WAN

ISP2 - 40 Mbps - WAN/LAN1

ISP3 - 60 Mbps - WAN/LAN2

I have configured WAN and WAN/LAN1 as primary WAN and WAN/LAN2 as secondary WAN.

Setup Manual ping to 8.8.8.8 in all the three for online detection.

However, WAN/LAN2 always displayed as offline. If I connect to that router directly with Wifi or cable I am able to browse. But in the ER605 the status is always offline and hence my failover wont work when need be.  I face the same issue with FIrmware version 1.2.1 as well.

Pl. guide.

Thanks for all the help extended.

Regards

Raahul

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Failover and online detection-Solution
2023-10-26 02:23:40 - last edited 2023-10-26 02:23:43

Hi @Raahul 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

When the port is set to be a backup WAN, it displays as offline and only works when primary WANs are down.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Failover and online detection-Solution
2023-10-26 02:23:40 - last edited 2023-10-26 02:23:43

Hi @Raahul 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

When the port is set to be a backup WAN, it displays as offline and only works when primary WANs are down.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 274

Replies: 1

Related Articles