Port Forwarding 443 Forwards to the WebUI of the Router Instead of the Internal Server

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Port Forwarding 443 Forwards to the WebUI of the Router Instead of the Internal Server

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-25 19:57:11 - last edited 2024-03-06 03:28:21
Tags: #NAT
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.2

Hi,

I have ER605 managed by Omada Controller.

Under Transmission - NAT, I configured the following Port Forwarding rule:

Source = any, Interface - WAN1,WAN/LAN1, source port = 443, destination = 192.168.0.201:32400.

When I browse to the external IP of my router, I'm getting the WebUI of the ER605 instead of my internal server 192.168.0.201.

Please advise the rule above doesn't forward the traffic to the internal server.

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Port Forwarding 443 Forwards to the WebUI of the Router Instead of the Internal Server-Solution
2023-11-06 01:32:05 - last edited 2023-11-07 02:03:05

Hi @Zosha 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Zosha wrote

Thank you, @Clive_A

In response to your created ticket, I am writing here and in the email at the same time and let you know the result from the test team.

Test team has reported that they DID NOT run into any issues with the port forwarding with your backup. They imported what you have in their test environment. Same firmware and controller version.

Both rules you created can work well without any issues at all.

First entry, WAN and WAN/LAN1, limited SRC IP and DST_IP_Port 192.168.0.201:32400 and SRC_Port using 80, 443 and 32400 can access from external network(WAN) and from LAN.

Second entry, without any limitations on the SRC IP, same config for the rest of them, 80, 443 and 32400 can be accessed from both WAN and LAN.

So, here's the test team's question, are you referring to the situation where you access the WAN-IP from LAN without specifying the port number(in the format of 1.2.3.4) and having trouble with this?

The test team said if it is the situation, then indeed, you cannot access the web interface of the Plex.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Port Forwarding 443 Forwards to the WebUI of the Router Instead of the Internal Server-Solution
2023-11-07 02:05:51 - last edited 2023-11-17 07:00:38

@Zosha

So, I would appreciate it if you could read the reply above. We failed to reproduce the issue. Port forwarding 80 and 443 can work with your backup.

If you want to explain this further, you can record your screen and illustrate this issue to the dev. If you want to have a remote session with us, I can probably ask the test team and arrange one remote with you guys.

Update:

In addition, the test team told me that in your config, if the source IP is set to 443, and you access it from the WAN, either with HTTPS or 443 with the WAN IP, you can access the internal-server:32400.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
20 Reply
Re:Port Forwarding 443 Forwards to the WebUI of the Router Instead of the Internal Server
2023-10-26 02:45:20 - last edited 2023-10-26 02:45:37

Hi @Zosha 

Fix 1: Change your router admin web port from 80 and 443 to other ports. And try again after you make this change.
Fix 2: Input your wanip:443 and access it. Instead of the wanip alone.

Options
Re:Port Forwarding 443 Forwards to the WebUI of the Router Instead of the Internal Server
2023-10-26 07:40:32

Hi,  @Clive_A,

Since Omada manages it, I cannot change the management port from the UI of ER605. There's no such option.

By the way, the weird thing is that it worked 2-3 months ago. I tested this NAT rule 2-3 months ago and it worked. It was disabled until two days ago.

Please advise how to change the management port of ER605 via Omada Controller.

Options
2023-10-26 09:08:11 - last edited 2023-10-26 09:27:55

Hi @Zosha 

Do you use a Software Controller?

Did you recently change from standalone to the Controller? 

If you access the ip:443, can you access it okay?

If I did not recall it wrong, it may be a known issue.

Update:

In addition, I need your config and settings. Please follow this instruction and let me know the result to each step: TroubleshootingVirtual Services on the Router Doesn't Take Effect

Options
2023-10-26 09:37:41
Correct, software controller.
Options
2023-10-27 07:50:20 - last edited 2023-10-27 07:51:20

Hi @Zosha 

Zosha wrote

Correct, software controller.

Can you give a screenshot of your WAN IP on the router? Mosaic the last two parts.

What's the controller version? Does this happen after the software controller update?

If you access the ip:443, can you access it okay?

Options
2023-10-27 08:05:17

Hi,

Here's the screenshot of WAN interface:

And here's the configuration:

I don't have access to router itself since it's managed the controller. I can login the router but can't access any menu.

Is there a way to set the management port of the router via the controller?

Options
2023-10-27 08:14:30

Hi @Zosha 

Zosha wrote

Hi,

Here's the screenshot of WAN interface:

And here's the configuration:

I don't have access to router itself since it's managed the controller. I can login the router but can't access any menu.

Is there a way to set the management port of the router via the controller?

No. You cannot change the 80 and 443 if it is under controller mode.

You can delete the picture because it shows your IP address. I needed it because I need to verify that you actually got a public IP.

I mean if your port forwarding entry is okay, can you use your WAN_IP:443 to access it? Will it redirect to the correct internal web server?

Options
2023-10-27 08:31:39 - last edited 2023-10-27 08:32:31

@Clive_A,

That's exactly the problem. When I access WAN-IP:443 I get the WebUI of the router instead of the internal server.

I have two ISP links and with both I have this issue - getting the router WebUI instead of the internal server.

And yes, both ISP links are with public IPs.

Options
2023-10-27 08:45:57

Hi @Zosha 

If you access the LAN IP:32400, and it is working?

Strange enough. I have sent an email to the test and waiting for a reply from them.

Options
2023-10-27 09:39:26
This is an operational server and it's working from LAN and VPN remote access. What's not working is the port forwarding. I made a NAT rule WAN IP:32400 => 32400 - working. The question is how do I make it work WAN IP 443 => LAN 32400.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1650

Replies: 20

Tags

Related Articles