Port Forwarding 443 Forwards to the WebUI of the Router Instead of the Internal Server

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Port Forwarding 443 Forwards to the WebUI of the Router Instead of the Internal Server

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
20 Reply
Re:Port Forwarding 443 Forwards to the WebUI of the Router Instead of the Internal Server
2023-10-31 08:22:56

Hi @Zosha 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Zosha wrote

This is an operational server and it's working from LAN and VPN remote access. What's not working is the port forwarding. I made a NAT rule WAN IP:32400 => 32400 - working. The question is how do I make it work WAN IP 443 => LAN 32400.

Can you export the backup for me? If you are okay with this, let me know and I'll create the case for you.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
Re:Port Forwarding 443 Forwards to the WebUI of the Router Instead of the Internal Server
2023-10-31 16:12:46
Sure, let me know to where send the exported backup.
Options
2023-11-01 00:46:22 - last edited 2023-11-01 00:47:17

@Zosha 

Hey Zosha, I had a similar issue but I had my own work-around which may/may not work for you based on your application. My work-around is to create a custom "external" port to forward to my internal well-defined port 80 (in theory, it should work with 443 or any other well-defined ports too)

Let's say I have an Internal Server (AdGuard, PiHole, etc), instead of accessing them using my "wan ip", I access them using "wan ip:custom port" and I forward that to any local port (80, 443, etc. etc).

I have a video about it, this link starts midway towards the configuration.

Good hunting!

Options
2023-11-01 01:34:04

Hi @Zosha 

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID231100786, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2023-11-01 13:27:06

Thank you, @Clive_A

Options
Re:Port Forwarding 443 Forwards to the WebUI of the Router Instead of the Internal Server-Solution
2023-11-06 01:32:05 - last edited 2023-11-07 02:03:05

Hi @Zosha 

Zosha wrote

Thank you, @Clive_A

In response to your created ticket, I am writing here and in the email at the same time and let you know the result from the test team.

Test team has reported that they DID NOT run into any issues with the port forwarding with your backup. They imported what you have in their test environment. Same firmware and controller version.

Both rules you created can work well without any issues at all.

First entry, WAN and WAN/LAN1, limited SRC IP and DST_IP_Port 192.168.0.201:32400 and SRC_Port using 80, 443 and 32400 can access from external network(WAN) and from LAN.

Second entry, without any limitations on the SRC IP, same config for the rest of them, 80, 443 and 32400 can be accessed from both WAN and LAN.

So, here's the test team's question, are you referring to the situation where you access the WAN-IP from LAN without specifying the port number(in the format of 1.2.3.4) and having trouble with this?

The test team said if it is the situation, then indeed, you cannot access the web interface of the Plex.

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-11-06 09:35:59

Hi @Clive_A,

My use case is the following:

HTTPS://<WAN-IP> => https://<INTERNAL-SERVER>:32400

What happens today is that I get the WebUI of the ER605 instead of https://<INTERNAL-SERVER>:32400.

Options
Re:Port Forwarding 443 Forwards to the WebUI of the Router Instead of the Internal Server-Solution
2023-11-07 02:05:51 - last edited 2023-11-17 07:00:38

@Zosha

So, I would appreciate it if you could read the reply above. We failed to reproduce the issue. Port forwarding 80 and 443 can work with your backup.

If you want to explain this further, you can record your screen and illustrate this issue to the dev. If you want to have a remote session with us, I can probably ask the test team and arrange one remote with you guys.

Update:

In addition, the test team told me that in your config, if the source IP is set to 443, and you access it from the WAN, either with HTTPS or 443 with the WAN IP, you can access the internal-server:32400.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-03-06 03:12:40

@Zosha Did you ever get this resolved?  I'm also running an ER605 with an Omada OC200 controller.  Trying to get Kemp load balancer to work on my network.  Anytime I have port 443 forwarded to my load balancer my internet connection just stops working.  I'm not seeing the router login page though. I have a ton of Omada h/w.  Starting to regret my purchase decision and am seriously thinking about going back to my three Asus routers running in mesh mode.  It could be me.

Options
2024-03-06 03:28:12

Hi @IrvineDave 

IrvineDave wrote

@Zosha Did you ever get this resolved?  I'm also running an ER605 with an Omada OC200 controller.  Trying to get Kemp load balancer to work on my network.  Anytime I have port 443 forwarded to my load balancer my internet connection just stops working.  I'm not seeing the router login page though. I have a ton of Omada h/w.  Starting to regret my purchase decision and am seriously thinking about going back to my three Asus routers running in mesh mode.  It could be me.

Start a new thread, draw your diagram and we start from there.

Like the solution in it, we don't reproduce this and it is not a problem with the functionality. Also, please read the port forwarding troubleshooting guide and reply to me the result of each suggestion.

If you have doubt in the product, you can return it before things get messy. Sometimes, we need you to cooperate to debug and reproduce it.

Options

Tags

Related Articles