Votes

DHCP OPTION 61 SKY MER Update?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-26 23:59:05 - last edited 2023-10-30 00:59:13
Model: ER8411  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Dear TPLINK

Is there an update as to when DHCP OPTION 61 / SKY MER is going to be made available for the ER8411?

The discussion thread that was started in March 2023 is locked.

Many thanks.

Options
4 Reply
Re:DHCP OPTION 61 SKY MER Update?
2023-10-27 02:52:11 - last edited 2023-10-30 00:59:13

Hi @ladyisabella 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Go and vote here: https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/264312

This is under consideration now and has been added to the roadmap. ETA next year. No need to create any new posts for it.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-10-29 04:41:02

@Clive_A Thank you for the update. However, this is not yet a SOLUTION as the feature is not available. Why could we not post about this issue as the ER8411 is meant to be a MULTIWAN router and support for multiple WAN connections should be the core of this business router. I'm not sure why we as consumers have to vote for a feature that should've been implemented at the start before releasing the BUSINESS router?

Is this how TPLINK plan to release products in the future? Make the hardware, release half-ready firmware just to sell as many hardware as possible, then get users to vote to add features that should've been implemented already? This is sad.

Options
2023-10-30 01:09:51 - last edited 2023-10-30 01:10:04

Hi @ladyisabella 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

ladyisabella wrote

@Clive_A Thank you for the update. However, this is not yet a SOLUTION as the feature is not available. Why could we not post about this issue as the ER8411 is meant to be a MULTIWAN router and support for multiple WAN connections should be the core of this business router. I'm not sure why we as consumers have to vote for a feature that should've been implemented at the start before releasing the BUSINESS router?

Is this how TPLINK plan to release products in the future? Make the hardware, release half-ready firmware just to sell as many hardware as possible, then get users to vote to add features that should've been implemented already? This is sad.

I canceled the Recommended Solution. I was thinking of leading people to that post and increasing the votes so I can report weekly or monthly to the dev.

I am aware of what is a proprietary feature and what is universal. That thread is a high-vote thread and would have more influence on the dev. The feature is supposed to be added to all products. It is not limited to a single product.

If this is a must-have feature for your network environment right now, you may return this product soon before it passes the return window(this is up to your retailer's policy). And seek other alternative solutions for your network.

At the beginning of the Omada series, we thought that business users would not need this feature as they pay for a direct line from the ISP with a static IP. This feature is requested mostly by the home users. Later on, we have plans to add it but not right now. ETA next year Q2 or Q3. (We never guarantee a specific date for the feature release. The dev may advance or delay the release.)

If you don't know what the label means, Under Consideration, refer to the pinned thread in the Requests & Suggestions.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-10-30 15:48:51

@Clive_A Thank you for your detailed response. I'm hoping this thead will be kept open for all to view so we are all aware of when the feature would be released.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 232

Replies: 4

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.