Wired Device random instant reconnection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-29 11:52:03 - last edited 2023-10-30 02:44:35
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)   OC200   SG2210MP  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Latest stable to OP date

Hi I was watching YouTube on my tv (LG C1) and for the first time after 3 years I have the TV I saw it throw the message "wired LAN cable is disconnected" and 1 second later "wired connection connected". The only thing that I changed was my router from a fritzbox to the ER605.

I logged in to my Omada SDN and checked the events only to see that the TV connected ( no disconnection  log).

I searched the web a bit and found out that the switch I have with the router have some bug for devices with dynamic IP? Is that still a known bug. Regardless i set a static IP on my TV on the DHCP settings and will keep an eye out for the problem.

I will update the post after a month with the status but in the meantime I would like to know if its a known problem and if I should upgrade to a early release firmware that have this problem fixed.

Just want to point out also that my tv (as and all non POE) device are connected to a Mikrotik switch (CRS326-24G-2S+) that is directly connected to my ER605 router.

Thanks in advance for your time

Options
2 Reply
Re:Wired Device random instant reconnection
2023-10-30 02:44:22 - last edited 2023-10-30 03:02:08

Hi @Xarishark 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Wired connection is disconnected. Then why would you link this to the dynamic IP issue?

Yes, there was a time when DHCP was problematic. But why would it relate to the wired cable disconnection?

I am not sure about your LG TV but at least you should verify if the LG is indicating the literal meaning of it. If yes, then you should consider if the cable is bad or loose.

As a support member for years, quite common to see bad cable or pre-built cable become bad after several months of use. Even a brand-new cable can be bad when you bend it.

The thing now is to figure out if the LG is reporting the literal meaning or it just has this banner of error by telling the bad cabling to indicate a bad IP address. I don't think LG would do this silly. At least tell you "No Internet" instead of the cable being disconnected.

Update:

Your thoughts are right and dialectic but the primary goal is to figure out the LG error. It has not come to the point of troubleshooting the router though it was replaced recently.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
Re:Wired Device random instant reconnection
2023-10-30 08:03:01 - last edited 2023-10-30 08:04:37

@Clive_A I hear you. I already reseated the cable and its a pre-terminated cable so If I keep seeing the problem I will terminate a new one myself and see if I keep having the popup. If I keep seeing a message I will try and Update the thread. Thanks for the answer I just wanted to be sure that its not a known firmware bug or something as the only new variable was the Omada stack added to my home rack. 

In the message meaning when I pull the cable and replug the TV throws the same message so I dont think its a Internet error but a general connection drop and renewal 

Options