Creating a Site to Site Open VPN client connection to use my VPN provider (Privado)

Creating a Site to Site Open VPN client connection to use my VPN provider (Privado)

2023-11-03 18:59:34 - last edited 2023-11-08 05:39:12
Tags: #VPN
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.0 Build 20220106 Rel.56391

Hi All,

I Need help setting up a Client to Site Open VPN to use my VPN provider (Privado), i have follow the instructions and everything says successful but VPN doesnt appear to do anything, when i check in the Insighst no VPN session is listed.

Here is what i have configured.

Also are there any logs generated anywhere that might shed soem mosre llight on why this isnt working?

Thank you all for your time

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Creating a Site to Site Open VPN client connection to use my VPN provider (Privado)-Solution
2023-11-06 02:21:21 - last edited 2023-11-08 05:39:46

Hi @TheGoodsUk 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

1. If you need to input the username and password, you should do this on the page of the VPN client config page. Instead of creating a "User" in the "VPN User". I am not sure what guide you followed but this is definitely incorrect.

Is the username and password written to the .ovpn file? If yes, you don't have to add a new user. That's unrelated and unnecessary.

2. Check your VPN provider version. Note the Omada routers are not using the latest OVPN versions. That might be a compatible OVPN version issue. We cannot fix it now until we have a new firmware supporting a newer version.

3. Check your OVPN encryption method. Some encryption may not be supported.

4. And I am reading you are using the factory firmware which should be avoided. You should use at the least the latest public release or use the beta.

I recall that the OVPN we have for Omada is V2.6.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Creating a Site to Site Open VPN client connection to use my VPN provider (Privado)-Solution
2023-11-07 19:29:15 - last edited 2023-11-08 05:39:12

Upgrading the Firmware to 2.2 fixed the issue, and gave the missing user creds setting in the VPN profile, once that ewere also set everything worked.

ThanksThansk again for all your help 

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
2023-11-06 02:21:21 - last edited 2023-11-08 05:39:46

Hi @TheGoodsUk 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

1. If you need to input the username and password, you should do this on the page of the VPN client config page. Instead of creating a "User" in the "VPN User". I am not sure what guide you followed but this is definitely incorrect.

Is the username and password written to the .ovpn file? If yes, you don't have to add a new user. That's unrelated and unnecessary.

2. Check your VPN provider version. Note the Omada routers are not using the latest OVPN versions. That might be a compatible OVPN version issue. We cannot fix it now until we have a new firmware supporting a newer version.

3. Check your OVPN encryption method. Some encryption may not be supported.

4. And I am reading you are using the factory firmware which should be avoided. You should use at the least the latest public release or use the beta.

I recall that the OVPN we have for Omada is V2.6.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Creating a Site to Site Open VPN client connection to use my VPN provider (Privado)
2023-11-07 18:25:24
Thanks for the advice I will check what you have mentioned.. I will also update the firmware to the latest public release. Will report back results Thanks again
Options
2023-11-07 19:29:15 - last edited 2023-11-08 05:39:12

Upgrading the Firmware to 2.2 fixed the issue, and gave the missing user creds setting in the VPN profile, once that ewere also set everything worked.

ThanksThansk again for all your help 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 264

Replies: 3

Tags

Related Articles