Bug in ER605v2_un_2.2.2 ??

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-08 10:33:23
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: ER605v2_un_2.2.2

I have spent 3 days trying to get my ER605 to port forward port 80 to my apache2 webserver to do some testing before I deploy to my live VM. I just couldn't get that to work properly and it's as though ER605 is not port forwarding. I have other ports forwarding from the WAN OK with issues. I have two WAN ports enabled but only one in use.

I have never had port 443/SSL enabled as I access the router only from my local network and don't have remote access enabled either.

After upgrading to ER605v2_un_2.2.2 the network is up and working but when I and now try and access the rotuer via http://192.168.1.254 it conencts briefly and then redirects to https://192.168.1.254 and then fails with connection refused.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

A

Options
7 Reply
Re:Bug in ER605v2_un_2.2.2 ??
2023-11-09 01:26:59

Hi @Clarkerzas 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

2.2.2 has forced HTTPS redirection. You probably should try a different browser or lower the security level on your browser if it requires a valid certificate for HTTPS.

Recommend you use the 2.1.5 beta instead of the 2.2.2.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-11-09 10:53:39
Thanks but I had to reset the route and restore. It would appear that after the upgrade it forced the redirect but as access "HTTPS Server Status:" wasn't enabled before the upgrade I would never be able to connect. I reset the router and disabled the HTTPS Server Status: . I have another bug though, when you enable or disable a port forward, it changes the state but you are left with a spinning wheel forever and need to refresh the page to get rid of it else you cannot do anythingon the page.
Options
2023-11-10 06:54:26

Hi @Clarkerzas 

Clarkerzas wrote

Thanks but I had to reset the route and restore. It would appear that after the upgrade it forced the redirect but as access "HTTPS Server Status:" wasn't enabled before the upgrade I would never be able to connect. I reset the router and disabled the HTTPS Server Status: . I have another bug though, when you enable or disable a port forward, it changes the state but you are left with a spinning wheel forever and need to refresh the page to get rid of it else you cannot do anythingon the page.

Does this issue persist in the incognito mode or private mode?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-11-10 09:55:32

@Clive_A 

Hi Clive,

I logged into http://192.168.1.254 and then NAT then enabled web_home.

See attachement.

File:
NAT.PNGDownload
Options
2023-11-13 05:55:40

Hi @Clarkerzas 

Clarkerzas wrote

@Clive_A 

Hi Clive,

I logged into http://192.168.1.254 and then NAT then enabled web_home.

See attachement.

So you have two issues in the OP.

I'd suggest you set both 80 and 443 which are the default ports to different port numbers to resolve the port forwarding issue. If the 80 is taken by the ER605, you cannot open it up.

Second, about the force to HTTPS, this has been reported by people recently. This is a change in the device. So, if you need to bypass it, after upgrading to the HTTPS, you manually disable it.

What I said earlier about using the incognito mode is that you said it hangs or takes a very long time to log in to the admin web. I am not referring to the port forwarding.

Options
2023-11-14 09:08:02

@Clarkerzas 

I'd suggest you set both 80 and 443 which are the default ports to different port numbers to resolve the port forwarding issue. If the 80 is taken by the ER605, you cannot open it up.
- Yes this is now resolved.

Second, about the force to HTTPS, this has been reported by people recently. This is a change in the device. So, if you need to bypass it, after upgrading to the HTTPS, you manually disable it - Yes I suggest you put as part of the release note to users to ensure https is enabeld BEFORE upgrading to 2.2.2 due to the forced redirect to HTTPS and that there is no check to actually see if it's enabled. 

What I said earlier about using the incognito mode is that you said it hangs or takes a very long time to log in to the admin web. I am not referring to the port forwarding. - This was due to the above HTTPS redirect.

The other issue I rerfreend was disabling or enabling an already setup prot forwarding rule cuases the interface to hang with a spinning wheel (as per my previous screenshot), It doesn't do this in ingonito mode though.

Options
2023-11-15 01:39:35

Hi @Clarkerzas 

Clarkerzas wrote

@Clarkerzas 

- Yes this is now resolved.

Second, about the force to HTTPS, this has been reported by people recently. This is a change in the device. So, if you need to bypass it, after upgrading to the HTTPS, you manually disable it - Yes I suggest you put as part of the release note to users to ensure https is enabeld BEFORE upgrading to 2.2.2 due to the forced redirect to HTTPS and that there is no check to actually see if it's enabled. 

What I said earlier about using the incognito mode is that you said it hangs or takes a very long time to log in to the admin web. I am not referring to the port forwarding. - This was due to the above HTTPS redirect.

The other issue I rerfreend was disabling or enabling an already setup prot forwarding rule cuases the interface to hang with a spinning wheel (as per my previous screenshot), It doesn't do this in ingonito mode though.

OK. Now we seem to be on the same page.

I am aware of the previous issues we discussed. About the last issue you said, that if you encounter any issues in the admin web, it hangs forever, you should clear the cache. Usually, we recommend you clear the cache after the upgrade. Sometimes, there might be a new update in the web system but the dev team would not include in the release note. It indeed does not help you or us(support) in understanding the product.

I'll give feedback on this. Hope they can be open to us. smiley

Options