Force AP feature on EAP245 V4

2023-11-09 23:41:55 - last edited 2023-11-23 09:04:51
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.2.0

Hi,

I have a ER7212PC (1.1.1 software version) + 5 EAP245 (EU) V4 (software version 1.2.0)

I have 2 ring bells that are constantly connecting to the furthest access point and it's really annoying. 

Are you planning to add the "Force AP" feature for those in the near future ? 

Thanks !

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Force AP feature on EAP245 V4-Solution
2023-11-10 03:54:41 - last edited 2023-11-23 09:04:51

Hello @BoBsss,

Thank you for your feedback and inquiry. I understand that you are eager to know more about the feature request of the Lock to AP mentioned in this thread. At this time, we do not have specific information on when the feature will be released or which EAP model will add the feature of Lock to AP finally.

But please rest assured that our development team is working diligently to provide the best possible updates for our customers. Every feature request is taken into consideration, and we appreciate your patience as we work to prioritize and implement them.

This post will be updated as soon as the feature becomes available. In the meantime, if you require to support the Lock to AP feature urgently, we recommend exploring alternative solutions that may meet your needs.

Once again, we appreciate your support and feedback on our product, and we will continue to strive towards meeting our customers' expectations.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Force AP feature on EAP245 V4-Solution
2023-11-10 03:54:41 - last edited 2023-11-23 09:04:51

Hello @BoBsss,

Thank you for your feedback and inquiry. I understand that you are eager to know more about the feature request of the Lock to AP mentioned in this thread. At this time, we do not have specific information on when the feature will be released or which EAP model will add the feature of Lock to AP finally.

But please rest assured that our development team is working diligently to provide the best possible updates for our customers. Every feature request is taken into consideration, and we appreciate your patience as we work to prioritize and implement them.

This post will be updated as soon as the feature becomes available. In the meantime, if you require to support the Lock to AP feature urgently, we recommend exploring alternative solutions that may meet your needs.

Once again, we appreciate your support and feedback on our product, and we will continue to strive towards meeting our customers' expectations.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Force AP feature on EAP245 V4
2023-12-26 17:19:12

@Hank21 

Any news about the support of the "Lock to AP" feature for the EAP245 ? And the release of the 5.9.x controller version for the ER7212PC ? 

Because at least if the EAP245 will never support that feature, I could buy 1 EAP670 for example to replace one of the 245, but I need to have access to the 5.9 controller version for the ER7212PC too.

Thank you

Options
2023-12-27 01:14:52

Hi @BoBsss

Thank you for your inquiry about the ER7212PC firmware release. At this time, we do not have a specific release date for the firmware, but it doesn't mean there is no update for it in the future, please keep an eye on our official website or forums for any updates on the firmware release.

Options
2024-01-22 10:29:56

@Hank21 

I see that the new firmware 1.1.2 was available for the 7212PC, but still with a 5.8.38 controller version...

Still no 5.9.x (or newer) planned for this unit ? Is there any real development still going on for this model ? It's still flagged as a "New" model on the website, but the controller software version is still an old one...

Best regards,

Options
2024-01-23 01:39:48

Hi @BoBsss,

Thank you again for your feedback. I understand your eagerness to upgrade the ER7212PC firmware for new features and improvements. We also hope the new firmware be available soon so that our customers can experience the new features as soon as possible. However, the upcoming new firmware is a major version update, there are lots of new features and improvements to be implemented, so we need to be patient for the new firmware release. Your great patience is much appreciated!

Please note that the information provided here is based on the current information we have, it's provided for informational purposes only, not a guarantee or a promise. Any plans are subject to change, the final firmware releases shall prevail.

Options
2024-01-26 07:10:16

Hi @BoBsss 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

BoBsss wrote

@Hank21 

I see that the new firmware 1.1.2 was available for the 7212PC, but still with a 5.8.38 controller version...

Still no 5.9.x (or newer) planned for this unit ? Is there any real development still going on for this model ? It's still flagged as a "New" model on the website, but the controller software version is still an old one...

Best regards,

ER7212PC is on track with the router release schedule instead of the controller.

The controller is built inside the router firmware. So, it might be slower than the normal controller version.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 311

Replies: 6

Related Articles