“Use Fixed IP Address” (DHCP Reservation) Doesn't Take Effect.

2023-11-12 17:47:03 - last edited 2023-11-17 06:32:42
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

I upgraded the firmware on my ER605 v1 to 1.3.0, but I'm still having issues with the DHCP fixed IP setting not working.

ER605 v1 : 1.3.0 (Build 20230511 Rel.51317)

OC200 : 5.12.9 (Build 1.26.3 20230906 Rel. 36269)

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:“Use Fixed IP Address” (DHCP Reservation) Doesn't Take Effect.-Solution
2023-11-13 02:09:23 - last edited 2023-11-17 06:32:42

Hi @er605v2 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Would recommend you reboot your device.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/638926

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:“Use Fixed IP Address” (DHCP Reservation) Doesn't Take Effect.-Solution
2023-11-13 02:09:23 - last edited 2023-11-17 06:32:42

Hi @er605v2 

Would recommend you reboot your device.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/638926

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:“Use Fixed IP Address” (DHCP Reservation) Doesn't Take Effect.
2023-11-30 14:55:30

@Clive_A 

I've tried rebooting all my equipment, but it's still not working properly.

Devices that have recently modified their DHCP reservation information are not receiving addresses correctly.

I have to remove them from the DHCP Reservation list to get a random address.

The only way I can get the addresses I want now is to set them manually.

Devices that were previously set to DHCP Rservation are working fine.

My guess is that this is some kind of bug where the DHCP lease information is not reset and is persistent (rebooting doesn't fix it).

Options
Re:“Use Fixed IP Address” (DHCP Reservation) Doesn't Take Effect.
2023-12-01 00:58:00

Hi @er605v2 

er605v2 wrote

@Clive_A 

I've tried rebooting all my equipment, but it's still not working properly.

Devices that have recently modified their DHCP reservation information are not receiving addresses correctly.

I have to remove them from the DHCP Reservation list to get a random address.

The only way I can get the addresses I want now is to set them manually.

Devices that were previously set to DHCP Rservation are working fine.

My guess is that this is some kind of bug where the DHCP lease information is not reset and is persistent (rebooting doesn't fix it).

There must be a step you messed up in this. Too normal that you mess up the steps so the DHCP resides and does not let go.

At home, I usually set up the DHCP reservation and leave it there and I don't give any attention to it and it will request a new IP address from the DHCP after its lease time. I know it is now using this DHCP IP but later it will change to the reserved IP address. Even if I need to do something, it would be rebooting the client.

Refer to this and perform the steps. https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/634790?replyId=1285230

Options