STARLINK + BYPASS MODE ISSUE (TP LINK ER 605 / OMADA CONTROLLER/)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-14 05:58:45 - last edited 2023-11-15 01:01:11
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello!

I recently replaced our router TP LINK ARCHER MR 600 to a TP LINK ER605 in my network setup to the following.

STARLINK -  ER605 - SG1005LP 5 Port POE Switch - EAP 225 (AC1200) - Omada Controller

- EAP 225 (AC1200)

- EAP 225 (AC1200)

- EAP 225 (AC1350)

Now the issue we are having is that when Starlink bypass mode is INACTIVE. The whole mesh network works to this point without any major issues besides only reaching download speed of around 90-100mbps instead of 150-300mbps.

However If we ACTIVATE bypass mode, there's no internet for the whole network.

Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot or solve this?

Options
5 Reply
Re: STARLINK + BYPASS MODE ISSUE (TP LINK ER 605 / OMADA CONTROLLER/)
2023-11-15 01:45:12

Hi @Kaalz 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Refer to the CG for the Starlink:

Configuration Guide How to Configure TP-Link Omada Router with Starlink Internet

Wireless speed can vary a lot when you are close or far away from it. So, I don't take measures from the wireless speed. And wireless speed has nothing to do with the ER605.

Use new 3ft CAT5e(or above) cables for a stable connection. At least 2 cables are used in this. Starlink to ER605. ER605 to PC.

Wire your PC to the ER605 and test the Internet speed. Check if the speed maxes out or not.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2023-11-15 03:49:58

Thanks for the reply @Clive_A

So when I was troubleshooting I actually did connect the computer directly to the ER605 and unplugging all the AP's etc while Starlink was in bypass mode and I still had no internet connection. I'm using the same cables as my previous setup with the old router and we never had this issue, Cat 6E from Starlink to the router and 5E going from router to the computer.

Options
2023-11-15 14:37:26

@Kaalz 

By chance, when you put the SL modem in bridge mode, have you rebooted the Omada Router?

The WAN port set to DHCP?

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
2023-11-16 04:41:52

@KimcheeGUN 

Yes, once bypass mode is on, I've also tried to reset all the devices, anything from the TP router, starlink, omada controller, POE Switch. But there is still no connection even though its wired directly. 

What I can still try is to connect the LAN cable directly to the starlink ethernet adapter to exclude the router.

Options
2023-12-29 07:02:08 - last edited 2023-12-29 07:07:22

@Kaalz 

Last night, my Starlink Gen 2 quit handing out an IP address (in bypass mode) to my ER605, even though the port light was blinking green, and I only noticed the issue when the ER605 failed over to my slower WAN/LAN1 DSL connection. This same setup has been working flawlessly for at least six months since the initial setup.

I initially tried swapping the Starlink and DSL cables around but still have no connection to Starlink, so I don't believe it's a port issue. Next, I tried a second brand new ER605, which gave me the exact same results. However, my Linux Mint PC and an old D-Link 4-port router both got the same 100.105.63.201 address and can access the internet on both devices, so I tried cloning the ER605 MAC address that doesn't work into the D-Link router, and it works fine there. So I'm betting it's probably not a MAC address thing where Starlink is tied to a MAC it sees on the initial setup. Upgrading the ER605 firmware to the latest 2.2.2 did not solve the problem either. Interestingly, after changing Starlink to WiFi and router mode, the internet works both wireless and wired, but there is still no address or connection on the ER605.

So I am kind of leaning on the theory that Starlink may have pushed out a firmware update that caused the glitch. Thanks in advance for any ideas anyone may have, other than trying another router and/or contacting Starlink Customer Support.

Dave,

Fort Frances, Canada

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2351

Replies: 5

Related Articles