EAP 610 Gives DNS that are not correct

2023-11-15 10:41:32 - last edited 2023-11-23 06:10:11
Model: EAP610  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.02

Good Morning, i have some Eaps (610 mostly) in my bussines, controled by a server, but in one office where i have one AP, it don´t gives de DNS server to the computers correctly, but the router via Lan gives them correctly.

where can i configure this in the AP?

The DHCP is given by the router and the AP is behind this router, i don´t understand why it gives this directions and where are them located.

Thanks for the support.

Regards

Mikel

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:EAP 610 Gives DNS that are not correct-Solution
2023-11-15 19:30:28 - last edited 2023-11-23 06:10:11

@Mikel_Alvarez 

If your APs are Standalone, then this problem should not occur.

If you are using an Omada Controller, then the DHCP is defined by the LAN which is assigned to a given SSID, and this is probably where the issue is arising.

If you have a remote site, using a different ISP, then you need the SSIDs at that site to reflect those of the local upstream provider, not those at the Controller site.

If you want to keep the same SSID across all sites, you  an override the DNS server given to clients, by editing it as a custom DNS server in the LAN network defined for that site.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:EAP 610 Gives DNS that are not correct-Solution
2023-11-15 19:30:28 - last edited 2023-11-23 06:10:11

@Mikel_Alvarez 

If your APs are Standalone, then this problem should not occur.

If you are using an Omada Controller, then the DHCP is defined by the LAN which is assigned to a given SSID, and this is probably where the issue is arising.

If you have a remote site, using a different ISP, then you need the SSIDs at that site to reflect those of the local upstream provider, not those at the Controller site.

If you want to keep the same SSID across all sites, you  an override the DNS server given to clients, by editing it as a custom DNS server in the LAN network defined for that site.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:EAP 610 Gives DNS that are not correct
2023-11-20 08:40:04

@d0ugmac1 Thanks a lot, i goes to try by this way.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 250

Replies: 2

Related Articles