Option 66 does not get passed on to dhcp clients.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Option 66 does not get passed on to dhcp clients.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
20 Reply
Re:Option 66 does not get passed on to dhcp clients.
2023-12-01 09:55:05

Hi @bob0builder @dewk 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Confirmed w/ the dev that there will be a beta for standalone to have the next server. If you are using a controller, please let me know the controller version.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-12-01 12:45:38

Hi @Clive_A 

I'm using a controller, version 5.12.7 running on Linux.

Options
2023-12-04 01:18:45

Hi @dewk 

dewk wrote

Hi @Clive_A 

I'm using a controller, version 5.12.7 running on Linux.

The beta will only apply to the standalone mode. I am collecting the controller version for the dev team. So, when the beta is ready, you need to turn the device into standalone mode. (Forgetting the device will reset the device. Please proceed at your own discretion.)

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Re:Option 66 does not get passed on to dhcp clients.-Solution
2023-12-07 01:12:44 - last edited 2023-12-09 00:40:51

Hi Bob and dewk,

Clive_A wrote

Hi @bob0builder @dewk 

Confirmed w/ the dev that there will be a beta for standalone to have the next server. If you are using a controller, please let me know the controller version.

Here's the beta firmware for you. Please download the QR code and run a scan of it.

It adds support to the next server in standalone mode. For anyone who uses a controller, this might not be as helpful. Please wait for the future firmware of the Omada Controller.

Please note that this download link will expire within 7 days.

File:
ER605 V2 2.2.3 Beta Addressing next-server.pngDownload
Recommended Solution
Options
2023-12-08 12:27:34

Thank you  @Clive_A!

I'll test it in standalone mode over the weekend and report back.

Options
2023-12-09 00:39:40

@Clive_A 

I can confirm that it works. Thanks for the great support.

Now I'll just have to wait for the Omada update.

Options
2023-12-16 07:26:02

@dewk Thanks for helping support get to the bottom of this issue. I just came across this behavior 2 nights ago and was scratching my head. Even had to dust off the Wireshark skills (or lack there of!) and refer to the RFC just to work out that I wasn't doing something wrong. 

I am also looking forward to this being fixed in the Omada Hardware Controller as I don't have any desire to run the standalone firmware on the ER605.

Not sure if we'll get an ETA for when this may be available, but that'd be nice :-)

Kind regards

----

Router: ER605 V2 - Firmware 2.1.2

Omada Controller - Version: 5.12.9 Build: 2.11.3 Build 20230906 Rel.36272

Kind regards ---- Router: ER605 V2 - Firmware 2.1.2 Omada Controller - Version: 5.12.9 Build: 2.11.3 Build 20230906 Rel.36272
Options
2024-02-14 02:48:19

@dewk Can we confirm this is an issue with the ER7206 as well? After testing I appear to have the same issue of it showing the default gateway instead of the tftp server. 

Options
2024-03-20 16:07:28
I have also been looking at this recently. In using Omanda controller 5.13.30.8 and ER605 v2.0 version 2.2.4. The option still doesn't work as it shows the DHCP server address and not the TFTP server. I would have thought this would be something basic that should have been resolved by now.
Options
2024-03-29 23:11:55

@mwjburrell 

I agree.  I just spent countless hours investigating all the wrong things (AND bought a new ER8411), only to learn Option 66 doesn't work in the controller (version 5.13.30.8).
I couldn't be more upset.  

What do I do now?  Switch the ER8411 & the SX3008F to standalone mode, rebuild the entire network & cross my fingers Option 66 works?

PLEASE help

Options
Related Articles