DNS over TLS

DNS over TLS

15 Reply
Re:DNS over TLS
2024-05-25 01:55:09

@Djw1973

Looking at the DoH and DoT technologies, which one would be the best???
I see that DoH "seems" to give more privacy. But really, what would be the best option to use in a Home Network?

I think that in a particular context, it would be the DoH and for corporate purposes the DoT, looking at everything I read.

Options
2024-05-25 12:21:27

Hi  @Artur.Aragao 

Artur.Aragao wrote

@Djw1973

Looking at the DoH and DoT technologies, which one would be the best???
I see that DoH "seems" to give more privacy. But really, what would be the best option to use in a Home Network?

I think that in a particular context, it would be the DoH and for corporate purposes the DoT, looking at everything I read.

Really does not matter that much.

Both are encrypted. There is no advantage if you compare them only in certain environment where you ports are limited. Using HTTPS would be a pseudo and in cover to get DNS queried.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
3 weeks ago
i usuallly mix clouflare & google myself doh dns over https/3 new doq dns over quic both are good
Options
3 weeks ago

@tonyjp2022,

Do you use more than two? I only use one. That's the cool thing. It alternates between the selected services.

Thank you very much TP-Link.
I believe in you a lot. They have enormous potential offering the best cost/benefit.

Please, it is high time to integrate surveillance technologies into Omada. Make this environment more powerful and manageable, please. I want to manage cameras on Omada here in Brazil.

Options
3 weeks ago
for dns setup i make cloudflare primary & google secondary for doh am using cloudflare gateway i think both are evadible in bazil you may have some local providers in your area am not sure who there are
Options
Related Articles