Poor signal strength

Poor signal strength

Poor signal strength
Poor signal strength
2023-11-26 09:56:06
Model: Archer MR550  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 230625 Rel.65051n

Hi - have recently installed the MR 550. The signal strength of router says 100% but signal strength on android mobiles is almost non existent. What am I doing wrong? Any help greatly appreciated. Have tried re-booting, moving router etc but no change. Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Poor signal strength
2023-11-27 02:34:33

@Timbo78 

Do you mean 4G signal strength on the router and your mobile phone? or WiFi signal strength on the phone?

Actually the 4G signal strength on your mobile phone is related to the phone itself, the SIM card in the phone and your ISP, it is not relevant to the MR550 or the SIM card inside the MR550. 

And if you connect the phone to WiFi of MR550, is the WiFi signal strong and working fine?

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Poor signal strength
2023-11-27 20:43:08

@Sunshine 

Thanks for email. I am not very good at these technical things but today tried the router in other areas of the house but the signal reception only gave me 2 bars, so have returned to original location. I am testing this as I have bought an extenal antenna and want to make sure it is on the best side of the  house. I have connected router to computer by  new ethernet cable and get signal strength of 100%  and down load speed of 25mbps and upload of 32mbps. The wifi connection from desktop to router gives 50% signal strength. However my mobile phone, almost new, show network speed of 390Mbps but signal strength of -109dBm 28asu. This does not allow me to listen, for instance, to the BBC programmes which I used to be able to do before switching to the MR 550. I am sure I am doing something wrong but cannot see what it is - can you help please. 

I have tried using wifi analyser and using this on my phone it says the signal strength is -29dBm but there is 90% interference and recommends using different channels but I cannot see how to do this -is this important? Thanks for any help.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 371

Replies: 2

Related Articles