TP-Link Device Compatibility Issue with Compact Server - Seeking Assistance

2023-12-07 07:22:01
Tags: #TP-Link Archer,

Hello,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to the community to share and seek guidance on a compatibility issue I am facing with my TP-Link device and a compact server. Here are the details of the problem:

I recently acquired a compact server for my home network setup. However, I've encountered compatibility issues when trying to integrate it with my TP-Link, which is a crucial part of my network infrastructure.

Upon connecting the TP-Link to the compact server, the TP-Link device fails to establish a stable connection.

The TP-Link device intermittently loses connectivity with other devices on the network when the compact server is in operation.

Error messages on the TP-Link device indicate issues with IP address assignment or conflicts.

Attempting to access the TP-Link device's settings interface results in timeouts or unresponsive behavior.

The issue seems to occur more frequently during high network traffic periods.

1. Checked and ensured that all cables connecting the TP-Link device and the compact server are securely plugged in.
  2. Verified that the TP-Link device and compact server have the latest firmware updates installed.
  3. Restarted both the TP-Link device and compact server multiple times to refresh their configurations.
  4. Adjusted network settings on both devices, experimenting with different IP configurations.
  5. Disabled any unnecessary services or features on the compact server to reduce potential conflicts.
  6. Tested the TP-Link device on a different network to ensure the issue is not device-specific.
  7. Reviewed system logs and event logs on both the TP-Link device and compact server for any error messages or relevant information.

TP-Link Device: TP-Link Archer C7 AC1750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Firmware Version: 3.16.9 Build 210405 Rel.84327n
Operating System: Windows Server 2019
Network Interface Card (NIC): Intel Ethernet Controller I350

I am reaching out to the knowledgeable members of this forum for assistance in resolving this compatibility issue. If anyone has experienced a similar problem or has insights into possible solutions, please share your expertise.

I appreciate any help or suggestions the community can provide to help me overcome this challenge.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Best regards,

Steve

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link Device Compatibility Issue with Compact Server - Seeking Assistance
2023-12-08 02:53:14

@steveanderson12 

Hi, you mentioned that "Error messages on the TP-Link device indicate issues with IP address assignment or conflicts.", may I know if your client devices including the Compact Server are using DHCP to obtain IP address automatically or use static IP addresses? If using DHCP, did you reserve specific IP address for each client device on the router?

When the issue happens, how do you usually get the client devices working again?

In addition, I didn't find your current firmware version, could you please let us know the hardware version as well like V5 or V4 etc. and whether it is EU version or US version etc.?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 153

Replies: 1

Tags

TP-Link Archer,
Related Articles