App notification delayed

App notification delayed

14 Reply
Re:App notification delayed
2024-04-24 00:58:15 - last edited 2024-04-24 01:01:20

Hi @iTrim 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

iTrim wrote

@Clive_A 

It's hard to compare the lab environment to the real world, different lighting, obstacles, insects and animals etc...

How come you don't have an android device to test the equipment on? not everyone uses IOS devices and the equipment should be tested on all device before released to the market.

Because I am not a member of the test team. I only host some models borrowed from the warehouse and place them in the lab. For the sake of guide writing, beta test and get some screenshots in the reply I give.
Like I explained previously different vendors of systems have different push notification systems.

iOS hosts its own notif system which mostly worked great since the decade ago I used it.

AFAIK, Android does not have a unified push system and each system has its own push notification system. e.g. Google got Google's. Xiaomi got Xiaomi's. ASUS got ASUS's.

That was something I learned about Android some time ago.

(The dev received feedback like this and was aware of this. I don't have to repeat a known issue to them as they were working on it.) The dev has optimized this now as I was told about this new app update on Android.

About the environment, nope. That's not correct. It does not matter that much if you place it properly and correctly. Distance and tons of parameters you should consider which is what you should do before it starts to work properly. Here we are talking about the notification. The server is auto-selected according to the region. So does the notif server I think. In other words, it does not matter about the notif server in a real environment or lab. I am just telling you with the proper setup and iOS, it works perfectly.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-04-24 14:03:21

@Clive_A 

"About the environment, nope. That's not correct. It does not matter that much if you place it properly and correctly. Distance and tons of parameters you should consider which is what you should do before it starts to work properly. Here we are talking about the notification. The server is auto-selected according to the region. So does the notif server I think. In other words, it does not matter about the notif server in a real environment or lab. I am just telling you with the proper setup and iOS, it works perfectly."

Setting up two cameras in a lab and saying everything is ok, is not the same as setting up two cameras in a real world environment and saying everything is ok.

To do real testing you have to install the system in the real world for real people, not on a bench with controlled lighting, weather etc...

"Here we are talking about the notification"

I know we are talking about the notification, this issue has been talked about for months now and was been ignored for a long time.

If you were releasing a business camera solution to the market for IOS devices, then it should clearly say that this device is only compatible with IOS devices or works best with IOS devices.

I put this device into a business and had to remove it again because the alerts were not working for the business owner.

What did you want me to do? tell the business owner it only works on IOS and that you need to switch to IOS because IOS hosts its own notify system.

The VIGI system is sold as a business solution for IOS devices?

Anyway I look forward to this update to see if it resolves the issue and will report back after a few months of testing in the real world

Options
2024-05-06 10:53:41

@iTrim

My phone received an update to version 2.4.8 and it looks promising...so far I have not seen a delayed notification - they've all been instant since the update. So, from my point of view this issue has now been fixed.

Options
a week ago

I can tell you what worked for me, what i did was this delayed notifications on your iPhone can be frustrating. Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:-

1. Silent Mode and Do Not Disturb:- Make sure your phone isn't in silent mode and Do Not Disturb is disabled (Settings > Focus).
2. Connectivity:- Ensure you have a stable internet connection (Wi-Fi or cellular data). Sometimes notifications are delivered through data, so even with Wi-Fi enabled, cellular data might be needed for some apps.
3. Individual App Settings:- Notification settings can be customized for each app. Go to Settings > Notifications and check the notification settings for the specific app experiencing delays. Make sure notifications are enabled and choose the desired alert style (banners, sounds, badges).
4. Background App Refresh:- Background App Refresh allows apps to occasionally refresh in the background to deliver updated information, including notifications. Go to Settings > General > Background App Refresh and ensure it's enabled (at least for the problematic app).
5. Low Power Mode:- Low Power Mode reduces background activity to conserve battery, which can delay notifications. Disable Low Power Mode (Settings > Battery) and see if notifications improve.
6. Restrict Background Data:- This setting limits cellular data usage for apps running in the background. Go to Settings > Cellular and check if "Restrict Background Data" is enabled. If so, try disabling it for the affected app.

Options

Tags

vigi app
Related Articles