How to allow access from a network to a IP-adress (server)

2023-12-18 20:26:46 - last edited 2023-12-19 11:32:51
Model: ER7212PC  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

Hello!

I have a network Network called "CCTV" which is where all my cameras are in. Now I have a FTP server in a network called "TECH" and I want to set the FTP server in the cameras so the record on the FTP server. But now the Problem: I have an ACL which blocks the acces of "CCTV" to "TECH", so that also affects the FTP server. How do I allow the "CCTV" network to acces the FTP server with only the gateway?

Many thanks in advance
Greetings Colin

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How to allow access from a network to a IP-adress (server)-Solution
2023-12-19 09:42:16 - last edited 2023-12-19 11:32:51

Hi @Colinu 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Colinu wrote

Hello, thanks for your reply! I have tried that already but I don't find a way to set up this ACL as a Gateway ACL. But I have to do it as a Gateway ACL because I only havet the gateway and a Acces point in this network. Greetings Colin

Unfortunate that the GW ACL does not support IP-Port Group yet.

If you have to use it now, either to get a switch or try to set it up in standalone mode where you can set up the Service Type yourself.

This IP-Port Group in GW ACL has been submitted to the dev and will come out in the future.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:How to allow access from a network to a IP-adress (server)
2023-12-19 05:51:13

Hi @Colinu 

Set up another ACL to allow the access then. SRC and DST based on your plan. You should use set Service as FTP or specify the IP-Port group.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Re:How to allow access from a network to a IP-adress (server)
2023-12-19 09:12:20
Hello, thanks for your reply! I have tried that already but I don't find a way to set up this ACL as a Gateway ACL. But I have to do it as a Gateway ACL because I only havet the gateway and a Acces point in this network. Greetings Colin
Options
Re:How to allow access from a network to a IP-adress (server)-Solution
2023-12-19 09:42:16 - last edited 2023-12-19 11:32:51

Hi @Colinu 

Colinu wrote

Unfortunate that the GW ACL does not support IP-Port Group yet.

If you have to use it now, either to get a switch or try to set it up in standalone mode where you can set up the Service Type yourself.

This IP-Port Group in GW ACL has been submitted to the dev and will come out in the future.

Recommended Solution
Options