Router doesn't give fixed IP address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Router doesn't give fixed IP address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
12 Reply
Re:Router doesn't give fixed IP address
2024-01-04 16:06:42 - last edited 2024-01-05 02:28:18

@Clive_A thanks again and good news:

Good suggestion (to remove/ rule out EAP). So I wired Ikea Hub directly in LAN port 9, followed the same steps as mentioned above. First results, no succes/ the same (IP from LAN network instead of the IoT). Then I though, what happens if you change the PVID for the port into PVID of the IoT lan, in my case this is VLAN 4, so PVID 4. This solved the issue: The IKEA hub received IP address from IoT network. 

I also tested what this does for the EAP, and indeed, putting the PVID on 4, leads to IP addresses within defined DHCP range and if reservered to the reserved IP address.

So this solved my issue. 

Options
Re:Router doesn't give fixed IP address -Solution
2024-01-05 02:27:07 - last edited 2024-01-05 02:28:06

Hi @hb100

hb100 wrote

@Clive_A thanks again and good news:

Good suggestion (to remove/ rule out EAP). So I wired Ikea Hub directly in LAN port 9, followed the same steps as mentioned above. First results, no succes/ the same (IP from LAN network instead of the IoT). Then I though, what happens if you change the PVID for the port into PVID of the IoT lan, in my case this is VLAN 4, so PVID 4. This solved the issue: The IKEA hub received IP address from IoT network. 

I also tested what this does for the EAP, and indeed, putting the PVID on 4, leads to IP addresses within defined DHCP range and if reservered to the reserved IP address.

So this solved my issue. 

Then the issue originally was NOT about the reservation. It is a misconfiguration in your VLAN which is supposed to be done prior to the DHCP reservation. I thought you would have done that part.

So, if you don't know VLAN, this should have been brought up earlier when you tried to get VLAN working.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options