HIGH CHANEL UTILIZATION & WPA AUTHENTIFICATION TIME OUT FAILURE

2023-12-29 12:52:41 - last edited 2024-03-26 03:11:00
Model: EAP613  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.2

Hi evryone, 

I experience issues with my office wifi. We have 1200 SQM and I initialy installed 15 AP EAP613 working with an OC200.

BASEMENT - 4 AP

GF - 5 AP

L1 - 2 AP

L2 - 2 AP

L3 - 2 AP

The wifi is super low and cuts a lot. I have 2 SSID broascasting 2,4GHz & 5GHz. All the APs were originaly in auto mode (chanel, power etc...) I noticed that I had randomly a lot of chanel utilization. After some research I tried many things:

- manualy config aps, with 1,6,11 on 2,4 Ghz chanel choosing chanel according to the nearest AP, 20Mhz, low power > DIDNT WORK

- reduce de number of AP from 15 to 7 > DIDNT WORK

BASEMENT - 2 AP

GF - 2 AP

L1 - 1 AP

L2 - 1 AP

L3 - 1 AP

- Enable 2,4 GHz to only use 5ghz > Still have high chanel utilization on 1 AP, in the busiest area with 20 clients. The things is that sometime I have over 80% and 5 min after 20%
I also have the issue when no one is connected.

I also have WPA AUTHENTIFICATION TIME OUT FAILURE (1K per day)

I'm no expert in this, so if you need more info that could help you help me do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks 

M.

Options
3 Reply
Re:HIGH CHANEL UTILIZATION & WPA AUTHENTIFICATION TIME OUT FAILURE
2024-01-02 06:33:22

Hi @ET92,

Thanks for reporting this issue in the community.

The error message "Association Timeout" generated may be caused by the client devices entering the wrong password when connecting to the SSID, or packet loss during the wireless association handshake process, for detailed info please refer to here.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-01-05 11:25:09

@Hank21 Thanks for your help, after some changes the number of errors dropped a lot. I still have some but I think I need to find the right setting

Options
2024-01-05 18:31:06

@ET92 

Just to circle back around for a moment... Wireless Utilization will bounce all the time.  

By chance do you know the signal strength of your clients?  Goto your client list, at the right, click on the 3 dots.  Enable all columns.

Confirm your clients have good signal… Another below -70 is good.  Anything above it, it's bad, low, no signal zone.  Also confirm your clients have good signal on the proper band.  

Confirm your clients are sitting pretty and happy before we move on to focusing on the utilization of the channels.  

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 285

Replies: 3

Related Articles