Unable to factory reset or adopt ER605 (V1.6)

2024-01-02 03:59:17
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Had a controller failure and now have to readopt all my devices. Known password didn't work so had to reset everything - Switches worked fine but ER605 (v1.6) reset with an address of 192.168.2.1 and refuses attempts to access the the web interface and the CLI rejects the credentials.

Now the factory reset button does not work. I have tried the various directions - 1. hold reset for 10secs while applying power. 2. Allow to fully boot, then hold reset for 20secs, and other combinations. 

The router is functional and giving out DHCP addresses in the 192.168.2.0 range, but I have no access and the device doesn't even show up in the Omada interface as a known or unknown device - able to reset and adopt the switches. . 

Any help appreciated

Options
1 Reply
Re:Unable to factory reset or adopt ER605 (V1.6)
2024-01-03 02:21:56

Hi @Scanners 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Enter the recovery mode. You can find the guide on the official website.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 451

Replies: 1

Related Articles