Roaming von ER706W not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Roaming von ER706W not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
49 Reply
Re:Roaming von ER706W not working
2024-02-01 20:57:10 - last edited 2024-02-01 22:05:14

Dear  @Clive_A 

I am experiencing the same issue as @kogan .

Model: ER706W  

Firmware Version: 1.0.3

Omada Controler version: 5.13.23

I have an ER706w and the EAP650. No 6ghz activated. 

Roaming is working fine when WPA2 is activated, however, when a change to WPA3, roaming is not working. The issue is that  I have roaming when I move from ER706W to EAP650, but when I move from EAP650 to ER706W roaming is not working and mobile continues sticked to EAP650 with a very bad signal. So I confirm this is a "real bug". The problem is that my company mobile forces me to have WPA3 connection. Please, @Clive_A , could you check it in lab?

I paste my Wireless configuration

Options
2024-02-02 01:16:37

Hi @Merfild 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Merfild wrote

Dear  @Clive_A 

I am experiencing the same issue as @kogan .

Model: ER706W  

Firmware Version: 1.0.3

Omada Controler version: 5.13.23

I have an ER706w and the EAP650. No 6ghz activated. 

Roaming is working fine when WPA2 is activated, however, when a change to WPA3, roaming is not working. The issue is that  I have roaming when I move from ER706W to EAP650, but when I move from EAP650 to ER706W roaming is not working and mobile continues sticked to EAP650 with a very bad signal. So I confirm this is a "real bug". The problem is that my company mobile forces me to have WPA3 connection. Please, @Clive_A , could you check it in lab?

I paste my Wireless configuration

What is your testing device? iPhone?

Do you have WiFiman on your Android and test this? Walk around and show me the disconnection which might be helpful for the test team. I and MR.S. did not replicate this. MR.S has EAP653. I don't have EAP653 but EAP620.

Do you have set up the RSSI threshold? This should be set with the Fast Roaming which is recommended all the time.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-02-02 06:32:06 - last edited 2024-02-02 06:32:31

@Clive_A 

which RSSI value is recommended? 76? 80?

@Merfild

could you paste advanced settings of your WIFI please?

Options
2024-02-02 08:06:13

Hi @kogan 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

kogan wrote

@Clive_A 

which RSSI value is recommended? 76? 80?

@Merfild

could you paste advanced settings of your WIFI please?

We recommend:

I usually set it to -70.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-02-02 17:41:36

Dear  @Clive_A 

My testing device is an Oppo Find X5 that support 802.11ax protocol. 

@MR.S, here are my advanced features. Since you have an EAP653 I would appreciate you could test it with this set up. I see that I and @kogan have the same setting. 

I am not setting any RSSI Threshold since its working fine with the default setting. Anyway, I will do some trials tonight. In addition,  I have downloaded WiFiman and I will paste here the pictures after the trials.

Thanks for the support. We keep in touch

Options
2024-02-02 18:40:03

@Merfild 

I havent EAP653 conneted to ER706W anymore so cant test more on this now. I use this access point in another network,

but as i mention I use channel 112 and 80 Mhz bandwith and EAP653 and ER706W was meshed wireless,

firmware on ER653 is beta version 1.0.90 Build 20231012 Rel. 31553

this settings on controller.

have you tryed to test wirh wifiman from unifi? this tool is nice to test roaming.

Options
2024-02-04 22:39:17

Dear @Clive_A 

Here are the results about my investigations during the weekend. 

As you can see in the image below, if only WPA2 is activated, then roaming works in both directions: From ER706W to EAP650 and viveversa. No RSSI Thresold set up at this moment. 

However, when I activate WPA3 then the roaming from EAP650 to ER706W has the following behavior: 

As you can see, when the mobile leave the EAP650 there is a disconnection period (I am completely close to the ER706W)  and, finally, it connects to the EAP650 (that is far away)  but in the 2,4ghz frecuency. 

In addition, sometimes I got the following behavior: 

As you can see there is a disconnection period (I am very close to ER706W) and finally it connects to the ER706W. If I set up a RSSI thresold problem is not solved. It becomes even worse. However, when I move from WPA3 to WPA2, teh problem is solved. 

Now there are "only"  two people (@kogan and I) that are having the same problem. But, please, take into consideration that router ER706W is quite a new product and only a few people get it. I am quite sure that TL Development department needs to know about it.  

Thanks for your support and regards, 

Looking forward to hearing from you

Options
2024-02-05 00:24:37

Hi @kogan @Merfild

Firmware of the ER706W and EAP650 V1.

Options
2024-02-05 05:18:54

@Clive_A 

Always the latest one. Since #1 nothing changed 

Options
2024-02-05 05:58:53

Hello   @Clive_A 

ER706W -  1.0.3

EAP650- 1.0.13

@kogan