Roaming von ER706W not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Roaming von ER706W not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
49 Reply
Re:Roaming von ER706W not working
2024-01-22 13:59:51

@kogan 

there is no doubt that there is something that is not quite as it should be with your network, but now I wanted to test a little more here and I adopted an EAP653 here to labbing a little more, I don't have the opportunity to connect the access point with a cable so it meshes wirelessly.

my setup is like this.

the phone that I am testing with is connected with wifi6 and wpa3. now I have gone back and forth many times and it roams without problems every time as you can see here.

I use channel 112 80 Mhz bandwith av wirelss mesh, mybee there is some differences some plase. mybee you should try 80Mhz bandwith to se if there is any differences.

Options
2024-01-22 15:06:33

@MR.S 

I stil use 160Mhz, but I'll try out 80MHz. With 160MHz I get full 1Gbps of the internet connection....

Options
2024-01-30 05:55:45 - last edited 2024-01-30 05:55:58

Hi @kogan 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

kogan wrote

@MR.S 

I stil use 160Mhz, but I'll try out 80MHz. With 160MHz I get full 1Gbps of the internet connection....

What is your phone model and system version?

Is this resolved? Any update?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-01-30 06:39:02

@Clive_A 

Hi mate

it is not resolved, but working with wpa2.

hardware is:

Pixel 7 and pixel 7 pro, newest os, macbook air with ventura, surface with win11 and 2 huawei win11 notebooks....

Options
2024-01-30 06:48:23

@Clive_A 

But now I have found another funny "bug".

Under services, I set up an automatic reboot every week in the night from sunday to monday. After reboot internet is limited to 100Mbit, although I have 1Gbit.

Last time, after second reboot of the ER706W full Gigabit connection was available. But I dont remeber, if I rebooted the er706w over omada or just took the powercord...

yesterday, monday, I wondered about slow download speed, the problem with limited 100Mbit was there again. I rebooted over Omada, but it stil had 100mbit.

Then I did, what I normally do on omada by my customers with similar problems: forced provisioning. After 5-10 minutes selfconfigurating, 1Gbit internet connection was available again.

Should I open new thread...? :-)

thanks

Options
2024-01-30 06:52:34

Hi @kogan 

kogan wrote

@Clive_A 

But now I have found another funny "bug".

Under services, I set up an automatic reboot every week in the night from sunday to monday. After reboot internet is limited to 100Mbit, although I have 1Gbit.

Last time, after second reboot of the ER706W full Gigabit connection was available. But I dont remeber, if I rebooted the er706w over omada or just took the powercord...

yesterday, monday, I wondered about slow download speed, the problem with limited 100Mbit was there again. I rebooted over Omada, but it stil had 100mbit.

Then I did, what I normally do on omada by my customers with similar problems: forced provisioning. After 5-10 minutes selfconfigurating, 1Gbit internet connection was available again.

Should I open new thread...? :-)

thanks

You might replace the cable. Common to me and the only cause would be the cable.

If you disagree with this, let me know the cable length.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-01-30 07:52:19

@Clive_A

Its 1M pimf cat6a cable....

Options
2024-01-30 09:51:35

Hi @kogan 

kogan wrote

@Clive_A

Its 1M pimf cat6a cable....

Where did this line go? Patch panel?

Options
2024-01-30 10:18:44

@Clive_A 

maybe it wasnt seen that good, I took YELLOW now :-) only 1m, goes behind and comes down out to the cable router

Options
2024-01-31 01:45:37

Hi @kogan 

kogan wrote

@Clive_A 

maybe it wasnt seen that good, I took YELLOW now :-) only 1m, goes behind and comes down out to the cable router

Yes, that was too dark. So I assume that Fujitsu is your cable router(modem), right?

So I will focus on the first issue reported. Roaming issue. There was a similar report on that but on two different models which do not fit yours, and on iPhone only.

This 100M after the reboot, I will, later on, check with the test and dev team and see if they have ever received any feedback or can reproduce in the lab.

Options
Related Articles