Er605 is not showing all WAN in link backup section even though i have two WAN connected.

Er605 is not showing all WAN in link backup section even though i have two WAN connected.

2024-01-21 08:09:46 - last edited 2024-01-26 08:03:33
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.2 Build 20231017 Rel.68869

I want to setup WAN/LAN1 as a backup WAN when WAN failed but to setup that there is no option to select WAN/LAN1 in the backup WAn drop down, i am attaching Screenshots for those. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Er605 is not showing all WAN in link backup section even though i have two WAN connected.-Solution
2024-01-26 08:03:25 - last edited 2024-01-26 08:03:33

To anyone who's reading this,

If you looking for a solution to this problem, please make sure you disable and enable the WAN/LAN port. This will reboot twice. Then this would show up in the load balance again.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
10 Reply
Re:Er605 is not showing all WAN in link backup section even though i have two WAN connected.
2024-01-22 06:38:49

Hi @BrijeshSakariya 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Have you tried it in incognito mode or private mode?

Does this happen after the firmware upgrade?

Have you rebooted it and checked if recovered to normal?

This looks like a web glitch due to the browser cache. Clear the cache and try again.

Let me know how it goes. If this persists, we can help you with a remote session to debug this issue.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Re:Er605 is not showing all WAN in link backup section even though i have two WAN connected.
2024-01-22 06:47:31

@Clive_A 

Thanks for update.

Yes this happened after firmware update. I tried robooting the router also, for caching issue i have also tried with the different machine issue is still persist.  Let me know when can we connect for remote session.

Options
2024-01-22 06:53:19

Hi @BrijeshSakariya 

BrijeshSakariya wrote

@Clive_A 

Thanks for update.

Yes this happened after firmware update. I tried robooting the router also, for caching issue i have also tried with the different machine issue is still persist.  Let me know when can we connect for remote session.

Is this an affirmative that you have confirmed that incognito mode or private mode does not work in this situation and the issue persists?

Options
2024-01-23 11:31:10

@Clive_A Yes , i can confirm it is not working in private tab also.

Options
2024-01-24 02:37:30

Hi @BrijeshSakariya 

Are you okay with a remote debug with us?

If you are okay with this, I'll create a case for you to arrange the remote debug.

Please note that we might be in different time zones. Please let me know your available time and time zone in the next reply.

Options
2024-01-24 02:49:00

Hi @BrijeshSakariya 

BrijeshSakariya wrote

@Clive_A Yes , i can confirm it is not working in private tab also.

BTW, I gotta ask this. Did you upgrade from ER605 V1?

If yes, did you import the backup from V1?

Options
2024-01-25 08:13:30 - last edited 2024-01-25 08:37:03

@Clive_A no i have not upgraded from ER605 V1 it was V2, no i have not imported the backup.

i am okay for remote support. i will be available today 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM IST and tomorrow 26th jan, from 8:00 AM to 3:00PM IST, Indian standard time. let me know your availability.

Thanks !!

Options
2024-01-25 09:19:46

Hi  @BrijeshSakariya 

BrijeshSakariya wrote

@Clive_A no i have not upgraded from ER605 V1 it was V2, no i have not imported the backup.

i am okay for remote support. i will be available today 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM IST and tomorrow 26th jan, from 8:00 AM to 3:00PM IST, Indian standard time. let me know your availability.

Thanks !!

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID240149978, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Options
Re:Er605 is not showing all WAN in link backup section even though i have two WAN connected.-Solution
2024-01-26 08:03:25 - last edited 2024-01-26 08:03:33

To anyone who's reading this,

If you looking for a solution to this problem, please make sure you disable and enable the WAN/LAN port. This will reboot twice. Then this would show up in the load balance again.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-02-09 00:26:37 - last edited 2024-02-09 00:55:47

@BrijeshSakariya Thanks for the solution. Thanks to @Clive_A too.  I had the same problem today while setting up WAN/LAN1 as a backup with a cellular modem.

I am using: ER605 v2.0, Firmware 2.0.0 Build 20220106 Rel.56391

Previously, I had enabled WAN/LAN1 a long time ago in anticipation I would use it eventually. But when I went to set this up, the WAN/LAN1 did not appear in the drop-down menu under Transmission /Load Balancing / Link Backup / Add / Backup WAN:

Disabling (rebooted), Enabling (rebooted) WAN/LAN1 under Network / WAN worked for me! After the re-enable and second reboot, the WAN/LAN1 appeared in the Backup WAN: drop-down.

Thanks! You saved me hours of troubleshooting and probably a service ticket.

Options