Change network location using an ER7212PC

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-25 08:32:19
Tags: #VPN
Model: ER7212PC  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a way to change the location on a residential network using an ER7212PC VPN router.

The point of it is to use a Sky Stream puck outside of the UK.

I am not much used to VPN setups, can you guys help me with this ?

Thank you very much, looking forward to your answers !

Options
1 Reply
Re:Change network location using an ER7212PC
2024-01-26 01:08:29 - last edited 2024-01-26 01:09:33

Hi @YESSS_Connect 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

You need to use a VPN. I'd recommend you use L2TP VPN which you can set up the Policy Routing to route TV or other types of devices to the L2TP VPN tunnel. Then enabling you to access the TV service.

However, I would highly recommend you set up the VPN on the client/device instead of the ER7212PC.

Mainly because it would be more convenient to control the access and this will allow more VPN types if it is based on your client system. Omada system now only allows the L2TP VPN to use the Policy Routing which would be a feature involved in your setup.

Moreover, you need an IP address located outside the UK if there is geo-blocking. I mean a VPN server, a provider that gives you the IP bypassing the geo block.

Best Regards! On Holiday If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options