ER605 USB compatible modems

2024-01-26 16:21:06
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.3 Build 20231201 Rel.32918

Just looked at the compatability list for USB modems  for the ER605 in the UK - seems there are two and none are TP-Link

Is there a reason no TP-Link USB modems are compatable?

I have a TP-Link M7450 4G+ MiFi which I would assume would work with other TP-Link devices but it doesn't.

Will the TP-Link M7450 ever be supported on the ER605?

Options
1 Reply
Re:ER605 USB compatible modems
2024-01-29 03:15:43

Hi @dandyfop 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

I am confused by your words. I think you did not take a look at the specs of both ER605 and M7450.

1. We don't have a USB modem as I recall. MiFi which is something we do have as a home product line to provide mobile WIFI.

2. This model M7450 is a WIFI router, mobile. It is not a MODEM and the I/O is also not compatible. I am not sure why do you bring it up.

3. What you should look for is a device that uses USB 2.0/3.0 to connect to the ER605 and supply the LTE to it.

We cannot run all the USB modems on the market, which means you gotta test the modems yourself. On the ER605 product Overview page, the note part.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 149

Replies: 1

Related Articles