ER605 device add to omada cloud (without controller)

2024-01-27 15:51:14 - last edited 2024-01-29 01:18:39
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.4 Build 20240119 Rel.44368

Dear Support,

I tried to add to my Omada Cloud one of my ER605 device, but i cannot find any "Device Key" sticker on the device. Is it possible to manage this device with Omada Cloud without controller? Thanks!

Szabolcs

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:ER605 device add to omada cloud (without controller)-Solution
2024-01-29 01:18:24 - last edited 2024-01-29 01:18:39

Hi @kuf 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

No.

Device key is for the hardware controller.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:ER605 device add to omada cloud (without controller)-Solution
2024-01-29 01:18:24 - last edited 2024-01-29 01:18:39

Hi @kuf 

No.

Device key is for the hardware controller.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:ER605 device add to omada cloud (without controller)
2024-01-29 07:38:05

@Clive_A 

thanks for the quick reply, but i think, your website info is not clear about this, because you can read:

Centralized management:

• Omada Hardware Controller (OC300)
• Omada Hardware Controller (OC200)
• Omada Software Controller
• Omada Cloud-Based Controller

For me, it says you can manage ER605 without any hardware controller or software controller, but with Omaga Cloud-Based Controller.

regards,

Szabolcs

Options
Re:ER605 device add to omada cloud (without controller)
2024-01-29 07:54:38

Hi @kuf

kuf wrote

@Clive_A 

thanks for the quick reply, but i think, your website info is not clear about this, because you can read:

Centralized management:

• Omada Hardware Controller (OC300)
• Omada Hardware Controller (OC200)
• Omada Software Controller
• Omada Cloud-Based Controller

For me, it says you can manage ER605 without any hardware controller or software controller, but with Omaga Cloud-Based Controller.

regards,

Szabolcs

No. I don't think so. Cloud is a very common term to describe the service hosted by the cloud. I don't know how you would interpret that into the red part.

Cloud-based Controller is based on the cloud and you pay for an annual license. We help you host the server and controller. If you want to access the app, you first gotta make sure you have a controller out of the three kinds.

If you don't know, open one of them and read the introduction. And still have trouble, find the support page and read its guides and FAQs.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 282

Replies: 3

Related Articles