OpenVPN Connection Timeout

2024-02-05 00:15:49 - last edited 2024-02-14 09:03:10
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: ER605_V2_2.1.4

Hi, or some reason my OpenVPN tunnel doesn’t work suddenly anymore. I was wondering I can send logs or any more details to get it up and running again.

Android mobile s23 ultra -> OpenVPN connection-> ER605.

The logs are bare minimum, where can I ding more logs? On Wi-Fi the VPN profile works but I need it to get working again on cellular and the only thingy I’m getting is a Connection Timeout, Connection failed to establish withing given time on my phone.

I do hope to hear soon and I hope we can figure this out.

Kind Regards,

I already edited the openvpn file ot try this suggestion tplink provided:
https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/653224

But no luck.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:OpenVPN Connection Timeout-Solution
2024-02-05 00:30:59 - last edited 2024-02-14 09:03:10

Hi @IIIdefconIII 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Provide the OpenVPN file you edited and remove the ciphers and your IP address. For the IP, don't remove all of them. Leave the first two parts.

Android OpenVPN version. Log as well. Remove the sensitive information if it contains.

A screenshot from the router, WAN status where it shows Online and IP info. Same, mosaic partially.

WIFI works. Huh, interesting. I think you have a private IP address.
Just paste what I need. Let's figure this out and see if there is a "problem" with the Omada or not.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
20 Reply
Re:OpenVPN Connection Timeout-Solution
2024-02-05 00:30:59 - last edited 2024-02-14 09:03:10

Hi @IIIdefconIII 

Provide the OpenVPN file you edited and remove the ciphers and your IP address. For the IP, don't remove all of them. Leave the first two parts.

Android OpenVPN version. Log as well. Remove the sensitive information if it contains.

A screenshot from the router, WAN status where it shows Online and IP info. Same, mosaic partially.

WIFI works. Huh, interesting. I think you have a private IP address.
Just paste what I need. Let's figure this out and see if there is a "problem" with the Omada or not.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:OpenVPN Connection Timeout
2024-02-07 10:05:08 - last edited 2024-02-07 10:06:56

@Clive_A 

Hi i collected the intel and put them in a zip, where can i upload the files?

Options
2024-02-10 02:57:47

Hi  @IIIdefconIII 

IIIdefconIII wrote

@Clive_A 

Hi i collected the intel and put them in a zip, where can i upload the files?

I do not download files from you for the sake of security reasons. Paste the screenshots or upload the screenshots to the next reply.

Mosaic your sensitive information as I said earlier and we are not obliged to inform you or help you remove them. Your privacy, your choice.

Options
2024-02-16 21:33:41

@Clive_A 

Options
2024-02-17 02:41:21

Hi @IIIdefconIII 

There is no point in port forwarding this IP. If you are double-NAT ed, you should port forward the public IP address of the router(ER) on your other router which is connected to the ISP.

And I think you are confused by the OVPN. How to Configure TP-Link Omada Gateway as OpenVPN Server on Controller Mode

Options
2024-02-17 12:15:58

@Clive_A 

so remove the port forwaring rule? as i believe omada crteated it itself or its a old config from my old openvpn to my server was there. ill check it out later this weekend

Options
2024-02-17 21:38:06

@IIIdefconIII 

some other user tagged me here:

might wondering id that would fix it and will check that later (still this week i hope)

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/653224?utm_source=Subscription&utm_medium=email

Options
2024-02-18 01:23:03

@Clive_A 

Iike i said before, no im NOT in NAT twice, already mentioned the bridge mode on my ISP, the EX IP goes DIRECTLY TO ER605., i dont feel getting helped seriously

Options
2024-02-18 03:52:27

Hi @IIIdefconIII 

IIIdefconIII wrote

@Clive_A 

Iike i said before, no im NOT in NAT twice, already mentioned the bridge mode on my ISP, the EX IP goes DIRECTLY TO ER605., i dont feel getting helped seriously

Provide the information needed and I'll check if you config them correctly or not.

The screenshots you provided previously did not mean anything to me. VPN server is okay. But that does not mean anything because VPN timeout would be more of an issue on the WAN. I did not see your WAN details.

Moreover, you have port forwarding which is totally unrelated, which makes me think you are getting in the wrong direction and maybe double-NAT. I don't know why you would get mad.

And I am not your special agent to just answer everything from you while I gotta other stuff to do.

And I still don't know why you are getting mad. If you don't feel you are getting the help, contact the support directly and expect a reply in a very short time. BTW, you also should read the article for instructions on the forum posts before you start a new thread. It would both your and my time instead of me asking you to give the information I need.

If you are gonna post your screenshots for WAN, please mosaic your sensitive information. Here is a list of information considered sensitive:

1. Public IP address on your WAN if your WAN is.

2. Real MAC address of your device.

3. Your personal information including address, domain name, and credentials.

For troubleshooting purposes, when a WAN IP is needed, please leave some values visible for identification.

Options
2024-02-18 12:27:29

@Clive_A 

Hi Clive, im not bad/sad im just trying to tell you that i feel misunderstood and what im trying to say as well, before i migrated the full local network to omada everything was working just fine. Also with that VPN Connection, i also tried to post all the information you need for the research. Hereby im sending the WAN screenshots.

I have suffered a non-congenital brain injury a had internal brain bleedings back in March 2022, I went down into a coma, which I luckily survived, with a lot of random factors I did survive. I'm getting back on my feet's. I dont want to sound mad because im not. But working as a international cloud engineer, this is kinda .... you can fill in the dots...

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 965

Replies: 20

Related Articles