Web management interface - Local password?

2024-02-06 21:29:00 - last edited 2024-02-20 07:00:09
Model: Archer AX23  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 build20220216

i was given an AX23 by my ISP as part of service --- it is currently set up with the default SSIDs and PIN 8-digit password found on the sticker underneath the router.

I want to rename the SSIDs & change the password but the 8-digit PIN doesn't work as the Local Password - screenshot below. "admin" doesn't work either (as suggested by TP Link's own documentation!) - Nothing I've seen shows the same kind of log-in screen. I set up a TP Link ID but I get the same request for a local password & the message "cannot bind" - Any other ideas? Is it factory default re-set tiime? Many thanks - this is a silly but frustrating basic prolem

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Web management interface - Local password?-Solution
2024-02-06 22:54:56 - last edited 2024-02-20 07:00:09

@Ginko_Leaf 

Hi,

The Archer AX23 has no default password. 

A regular Archer AX23 (one that is not custom-made for ISPs) that is either brand new or has just been reset will ask the user to set a password of their own choice upon the first attempt to login. (it won't let you login without setting a password)

The screenshot you've posted shows how the login screen of an Archer AX23 looks after someone has setup a user-defined password.

You can either ask your ISP what login password they've set up on your Archer AX23 or, if you are brave and know how to setup your Internet connection, reset to factory defaults.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Web management interface - Local password?-Solution
2024-02-06 22:54:56 - last edited 2024-02-20 07:00:09

@Ginko_Leaf 

Hi,

The Archer AX23 has no default password. 

A regular Archer AX23 (one that is not custom-made for ISPs) that is either brand new or has just been reset will ask the user to set a password of their own choice upon the first attempt to login. (it won't let you login without setting a password)

The screenshot you've posted shows how the login screen of an Archer AX23 looks after someone has setup a user-defined password.

You can either ask your ISP what login password they've set up on your Archer AX23 or, if you are brave and know how to setup your Internet connection, reset to factory defaults.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 332

Replies: 1

Related Articles