"The configurations of device ER7212PC are different from the configurations from the controller."

"The configurations of device ER7212PC are different from the configurations from the controller."

21 Reply
Re:"The configurations of device ER7212PC are different from the configurations from the controller."
2024-02-21 07:00:37

@Clive_A 

What do you mean with "Application Result feature"?
Searching for that term in the web interface of the ER7212PC, I do not get any result.
I tried to make a video as requested (see attached archive):
- See device having IP address 192.168.55.206 (this an address from the IP pool)

- Click on the device, click on 'Configure' - see the IP address, which is reserved for that device.

- Click on 'Apply', action confirmed.

- Click on 'Log' - see the new log entry.
- Click on 'Force provision' - action confirmed.

After a while the device gets the reserved IP address (see screen shot in attached archive).
If I did not click 'Force provision', the device would have kept the wrong IP address.

File:
Attachment.zipDownload
Options
Re:"The configurations of device ER7212PC are different from the configurations from the controller."
2024-02-21 07:50:29 - last edited 2024-02-21 09:18:54

Hi @gerba 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

gerba wrote

@Clive_A 

What do you mean with "Application Result feature"?
Searching for that term in the web interface of the ER7212PC, I do not get any result.
I tried to make a video as requested (see attached archive):
- See device having IP address 192.168.55.206 (this an address from the IP pool)

- Click on the device, click on 'Configure' - see the IP address, which is reserved for that device.

- Click on 'Apply', action confirmed.

- Click on 'Log' - see the new log entry.
- Click on 'Force provision' - action confirmed.

After a while the device gets the reserved IP address (see screen shot in attached archive).
If I did not click 'Force provision', the device would have kept the wrong IP address.

You did not follow what I told you to do in the video you showed me. Nor do you show the time you saved that change. I need it to be idle and you make a change, will it still show this?

In the ticket, you said DHCP does not work, I don't think I should focus on that part yet. We will first locate this sync issue.

I mean this. If you don't have this, that may be an old version issue.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-02-21 11:00:24

@Clive_A 

Sorry, if I got you wrong - I thought, you want to see what happens, when I apply the (actually already configured) reservation to a device, which got an address from the ip pool instead, what is wrong. In the video shot you can see, that there was created a new log entry right after clicking 'Apply' (red counter badge increased from 115 to 116).

I do not have this 'Application Result' menu when I open the Device List (see screenshot attached).
The firmware of the ER7212PC seems to be not that old (see second screenshot).

I do agree - first of all the sync issue should be solved.

File:
Screenshots.zipDownload
Options
2024-02-21 12:50:37

@Clive_A Just to confirm that I tried making changes (remotely through the cloud) and specifically waiting for the "Succeeded" banner, and that seems to work with no Force Provision error, but I have to say that before the issue started for me, I would have been making multiple changes very quickly, so it does seem that the more recent versions of controller  firmware update the router more slowly. I will also be testing it when I have local access to the LAN.

I still have a major issue with the DHCP server not issuing addresses and also ignoring DHCP reservation rules and IP-to-MAC bindings, but I am away from the premises where the LAN is located, so I will start a separate thread about that on the forum when I'm back on-site next week.

Options
2024-02-21 13:10:37

@Type17 

Hi!
Thank you for participating in this thread.
I hope, the more people participating, the more TP-Link understands the issue.

Could you, please, keep these two topics separated:
1. Sync between ER7212PC controller and router (this thread)
2. DHCP reservation issue (DHCP server ignores DHCP reservations)
Just for avoiding confusion...
Thank you!

Options
2024-02-21 15:26:00

@gerba Of course, and thanks for the link to the other, already-running thread about ignoring DHCP rules.

Options
2024-02-22 01:32:25

Hi @Type17 

Type17 wrote

@gerba Of course, and thanks for the link to the other, already-running thread about ignoring DHCP rules.

Is that link @gerba provided, you should see the last reply from me.

Please follow that and test if there is a problem with the DHCP reservation.

The last time I tried with the ER7212PC, it worked okay. I don't experience any DHCP problems at all.

The test I made in Dec. https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/647942?replyId=1300320

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-02-22 03:25:58

Hi @Type17 

Type17 wrote

@Clive_A Just to confirm that I tried making changes (remotely through the cloud) and specifically waiting for the "Succeeded" banner, and that seems to work with no Force Provision error, but I have to say that before the issue started for me, I would have been making multiple changes very quickly, so it does seem that the more recent versions of controller  firmware update the router more slowly. I will also be testing it when I have local access to the LAN.

I still have a major issue with the DHCP server not issuing addresses and also ignoring DHCP reservation rules and IP-to-MAC bindings, but I am away from the premises where the LAN is located, so I will start a separate thread about that on the forum when I'm back on-site next week.

So, basically, you fit in the symptom in my previous reply which you have made several changes in a very short time over the cloud.

With the "slow response" in your opinion, and cloud (Internet) lag, this might be your case.

About the slowness in the new controller, with more and more features added to the Omada controller, I am afraid that the ER7212PC may be overwhelmed someday in the future.

About the DHCP issue, use either Fixed IP or set up the DHCP reservation. I have explained this in a previous thread with 2 links in which someone reported something similar and thinks there is a problem with the DHCP. I have given the steps to correctly set it up and verification to prove DHCP is working properly. You may take a look.

Options
2024-02-25 18:54:13 - last edited 2024-02-25 19:02:49

Again:
Please keep these two topics separated: controller/router sync (this thread) and DHCP reservation (not this thread).
Thank you. smiley

Options
2024-02-25 19:01:50 - last edited 2024-02-29 08:39:15

@Clive_A 

Could it be, that tests made last December, became outdated in the meantime?
Do you have the same firmware version (1.1.2 Build 20240102 Rel.50640) on your ER7212PC?

I'd like to emphasize the following concerning the ER7212PC (= main topic of this thread):

Everytime I change one single (!) setting, after applying it, the log entry is created right after a few seconds.

So obviously it's not a matter of changing several settings "within a very short time".

Actually the controller never synchronizes itself with the inbuilt router, but I always have to manually 'Force provision' after every single (!) setting change to really have it privisioned to the router.

By the way: How long can data transfer of a single setting value take within one and the same device? Electricity speed is nearly light speed. Even TCP communication takes just parts of a second for such data transfer. wink

In the meantime I was told about some "a correlation issue" between 'IPsec Failover' in the VPN settings (which I never configured btw.) and the synchronization issue.
No idea, what that means, but maybe for someone out there this information is some base for an idea how to fix the synchronization issue?

Kind regards,
Gerald

Options
Related Articles