Multi Wan setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Multi Wan setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Multi Wan setup
Multi Wan setup
2024-02-08 13:47:42
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.1 Build 20240117 Rel.57421

I have been using 3 ER7206 routers because I have a block of 5 static ip addresses and use three of the static addresses to forward to different ports on different wans

With the new firmware would it be possible to setup one router to handle all of this ?

The end result I am looking for is to have intervlan routing on my local network for the 3 subnets I have and still be able to forward wan traffic to the correct server/subnet

I have tryed to acomplish this with my Cisco Layer 3 switch with no luck 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Multi Wan setup
2024-02-11 12:41:20

@spd2612 

Try one to one Nat, and set up PBR and see if it works out.

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2024-02-11 16:26:09

I have got the multi wan working, 3 wan's and 3 subnets with port forwarding to all 3 different subnets

Set your wan setup as you would normally do for wan mode,wan and wan/lan1 SPF if you need it

Lan Tab set your other 2 lans giving them a Vlan number ( only one of these lans can have DHCP Enabled)

Vlan ports  if you are using sfp port to get your three wans, port config will be port 3,4 and 5 ALL have to be UNTAG

Make a note of that those ports are for specific vlans

Preferences/ip group/ip addresses  add your subnets there. VLAN 1 will already be entered

Adding some screen shots for reference then of course port forwarding if you use it

Also this setup will allow Intervlan Routing 

Options
2024-02-18 01:26:34

Hi @spd2612 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

1. Have you set up the one-to-one NAT for the multiple static IP addresses you have on WAN?

2. If you have done that, follow this and proceed forward. How to configure One-to-One NAT on Safestream routers using the new GUI

3. I think you can handle the inter VLAN setup. So, I skip this and you still should follow the guide above to proceed with it.

If you need to route certain VLAN to a designated WAN, you should use Policy Routing which is what it is designed for.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-02-18 03:45:34

I have three lan/wans setup and they can ping each other using the setup I documented above

but that info you posted is also good

i do only use dhcp on one lan as I dont want to isolate ports on the switch and of course 3 lan/wan connections use all avail ports on the tp-link router

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 450

Replies: 4

Related Articles