Turn Off "Blocked by Access Control on Knwon Clients"

2024-02-18 07:14:48 - last edited 2024-02-18 20:28:00
Model: OC200   ER605 (TL-R605)   SG2210MP  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Dear all,

I am new in the Omada world. Target is to manage my Home Network. Previously I was on Netgera ORBI.

With the work from Home, the Home Automation... I want to have a stronger network management, and I have choosen Omada.

My Setup is composed by a Gateway (ER605 v2.0), 1 switch (SG2210MP v4.20), 1 Omada Controller (OC200), 2 EAP (EAP610(EU) v3.0 & EAP670(EU) v1.0).

I have only 1 SSID in 2,4Ghz & 5 Ghz and it is used to manage IOT (homekit, Homeassistant, Philips Hue), TV, Laptops...

I have some Devices in wired mode (NAS, Laptop...).

DHCP is activ from XXX.XXX.10.100 to 10.253

IOT Device are SHELLY (SHELLY 1, SHELLY2.5) and are there to manage, Garage Door Opener, Roller Shutter... All of them are in Static IP from 10.20 to 10.50.

The Network for Wired Device is working fine, no issue.

I have issues with Wireless. At one moment of time all of them are "Blocked by Access Control".

Association Failures

When navigating to "Insight>Knwon Clients"

I have a long list of all my IOT devices. I can click on any action, nothing happens. I can't any more access to them, from Homekit or directly from the browser.

I have done some search on Internet, asked over a group, but I didn't find the reason of this blocking.

I don't from where to start :

- can we deactivate this function?

- does Omada supports my expected configuration (which was working fine on ORBI)?

- Can we "trust" IOT to avoid to block all of them?

Do you have any idea?

Tks a lot to have read my post till here, and tks a lot for the support that you will bring to my isse.

Regards

Bérenger

EDIT : it seems it not only the IOTs but the whole WIFI that have an issue. Impossible to join to Internet from the wifi whatever the device : Laptop, NAS, TV....

Options
2 Reply
Re:Turn Off "Blocked by Access Control on Knwon Clients"
2024-02-19 07:42:36

Hi @BrenG,

If you set ''lock to AP'' for your devices, when these devices try to switch to another AP, it will be blocked. You can go to ''Insight > Past connection'' to check the lock to AP record for each client. Then in the dashboard of the controller, it shows blocked by access control.

And the R&D department plans to optimise Blocked by ACL Log in the subsequent firmware released to refine exactly which function Block's name is displayed by, so please keep an eye on the official website and this thread.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Turn Off "Blocked by Access Control on Knwon Clients"
2024-02-24 18:59:07

@Hank21 after updating the OC200, everything is working fine now. I am a bit sceptic about Omada now, the stability is not really good.

But now everything is good. Tks a lot for your help

Breng

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 219

Replies: 2

Related Articles