Cannot connect SG2428P & SG2210P
Cannot connect SG2428P & SG2210P
2024-02-18 12:36:54 - last edited 2024-02-20 01:18:28
Model: SG2210P   TL-SG2428P  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Here is my network setup:

ISP Router -> TL-SG2428P -> TP Link Access Point

-> Custom Server Hosting Omada Controller

-> TL-SG2210P                                                  -> Desktop
                                                                                                                        -> TP Link AP

When I try to connect the two switches which are in different rooms, for some reason they do not connect. Controller does not show a connection.
But when I connect a old d-link router in the below networks form it works fine.

ISP Router -> TL-SG2428P -> TP Link Access Point

-> Custom Server Hosting Omada Controller

-> D-Link 2750-U (Bridge Mode)                                -> TL-SG2210P   -> Desktop
                                                                                                                                                               -> TP Link AP

This setup has worked for me for a while but there are days whem my D-link router keeps rebooting. I did some trial and error and it only goes into an reboot loop when I connect it to my 2428P.

Log from Omada Controller shows: TL-SG2428P's port Gi1/0/5 was blocked. How can I debug this ? Any help would be appriciated. Thanks !

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Cannot connect SG2428P & SG2210P-Solution
2024-02-19 01:33:42 - last edited 2024-02-20 01:18:28

Hi @YashMalviya 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

This means there is a loop in your network. It happens on port 5. Debug would be for you to find out the loop and remove it. It should work.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-02-20 01:16:18 - last edited 2024-02-23 03:35:32

Hi @YashMalviya 

YashMalviya wrote

Hi @Clive_A ,

I hope you are well and thanks for your response. I think you were right, there was a loop - at times AP would act as a wireless repeater and was also connected via LAN. Therefore causing these issues.

I have mentioned above that both the switches would not connect via direct ethernet and I had to use a D-link device in between. I have eliminitaed that my manually changing the link speed to - 100 Mbps / Full Duplex on my main switch. When on auto, it simply does not connect even though Omada Controller can identify it at times. Would you happen to know what could be causing this ? I am using CAT 6 cables.

For some reason my other switch is running at 100 Mbps / Half Duplex. 

Thanks.

I'd recommend you replace the cable. Try this. The switch sometimes does not work with some cables due to their poor quality or bent pairs.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
2024-02-19 01:33:42 - last edited 2024-02-20 01:18:28

Hi @YashMalviya 

This means there is a loop in your network. It happens on port 5. Debug would be for you to find out the loop and remove it. It should work.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Cannot connect SG2428P & SG2210P
2024-02-19 15:32:50

Hi @Clive_A ,

I hope you are well and thanks for your response. I think you were right, there was a loop - at times AP would act as a wireless repeater and was also connected via LAN. Therefore causing these issues.

I have mentioned above that both the switches would not connect via direct ethernet and I had to use a D-link device in between. I have eliminitaed that my manually changing the link speed to - 100 Mbps / Full Duplex on my main switch. When on auto, it simply does not connect even though Omada Controller can identify it at times. Would you happen to know what could be causing this ? I am using CAT 6 cables.

Thanks.

Options
2024-02-20 01:16:18 - last edited 2024-02-23 03:35:32

Hi @YashMalviya 

YashMalviya wrote

Hi @Clive_A ,

Thanks.

I'd recommend you replace the cable. Try this. The switch sometimes does not work with some cables due to their poor quality or bent pairs.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 163

Replies: 3

Related Articles