IP from the DHCP serwer

IP from the DHCP serwer

IP from the DHCP serwer
IP from the DHCP serwer
2024-02-20 08:31:57 - last edited 2024-02-22 01:17:37
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.3

Hi

I need a little help configuring two sg-3452 switches. I have Switch1 connected via SFP to the DHCP server. Additionally, both switches are connected to each other via port1 (I need 87 ports). I configured VLAN40 on the dhcp server and added the MAC addresses of two switches. Switch1 should get the address 192.168.4.4 and Switch2 should get the address 192.168.4.5. He should... but he doesn't get it. I need both switches to obtain addresses from the dhcp server. Can anyone tell me how to set up both switches? Where should I start?

Regards
madam

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:IP from the DHCP serwer-Solution
2024-02-21 02:54:03 - last edited 2024-02-22 01:17:37

Hi @madamus 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Switch uplink port = VLAN 40 = Untagged = PVID 40.

Same to the second switch.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:IP from the DHCP serwer-Solution
2024-02-21 02:54:03 - last edited 2024-02-22 01:17:37

Hi @madamus 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Switch uplink port = VLAN 40 = Untagged = PVID 40.

Same to the second switch.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:IP from the DHCP serwer
2024-02-21 07:12:02

@Clive_A Thank you for your answer. I have vlan40 divided into two switches.

SW1: Ports: 1 and 49 (SFP-internet) are tagged, 12345 - May PVID40
SW2: Ports: 1 is tagged, 12345 on SW2 have PVID40.

The effect is that SW1 gets an IP address from the DHCP server and SW2 does not, but every computer connected to vlan40 gets an IP address defined in dhcp. Don't you need to set e.g. DHCP RELAY on SW1 or something like that?

Options
2024-02-21 09:10:06

Hi @madamus

Do you think I can understand this? Without a diagram?

madamus wrote

@Clive_A Thank you for your answer. I have vlan40 divided into two switches.

SW1: Ports: 1 and 49 (SFP-internet) are tagged, 12345 - May PVID40
SW2: Ports: 1 is tagged, 12345 on SW2 have PVID40.

Can you please make it clear to me? It is not DHCP relay. Who said you need a DHCP relay? It is now VLAN config. Not DHCP relay.

madamus wrote

The effect is that SW1 gets an IP address from the DHCP server and SW2 does not, but every computer connected to vlan40 gets an IP address defined in dhcp. Don't you need to set e.g. DHCP RELAY on SW1 or something like that?

Options
2024-02-21 11:28:56

@Clive_A  It is working now. I had untagged port1 on sw2. Thank you for your help.
Regards

Options
2024-02-22 11:35:52

@Clive_A 

One more thing... Why, when connected to vlan40 on SW1, can I only manage this switch via the web interface? If I want to change the settings to SW2, do I have to connect to one of the vlan40 ports on SW2? Is it possible to configure devices so that both devices can be operated from one vlan?

Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 203

Replies: 5

Related Articles