ER8411 - NAT problems router ignores all requests

2024-02-20 13:01:21 - last edited 2024-02-20 13:02:44
Tags: #NAT
Model: ER8411  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20231214 Rel.77035

I installed yesterday my new ER8411-router to replace my old ER6120 in my rack and i ran into the following issues.

All the redirects under Transmissions --> NAT --> Virtual Servers are not working. I transferred all the settings from the ER6120 to the new ER8411 but it's not working at all.

as you see in the picture above I've set all the interfaces and ports, but it's not working as intended.

I called already the hotline and they told me that there is an "unofficial" firmware to fix that issue, but I got until now no response yet.

Is there anything I can do? Do the internal server IP's has to be defined in the NAT-DMZ?

Thank you for the help.

Best regards
C.Imre

The actual installed firmware is

Options
3 Reply
Re:ER8411 - NAT problems router ignores all requests
2024-02-21 01:23:51

Hi @Banzak 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

1. What number did you ring? What is the agent's name? What firmware was mentioned? Beta or? "Unofficial" is not a term we use.

2. What's your WAN IP address? Screenshot.

Please mosaic your sensitive information. Here is a list of information considered sensitive:

1. Public IP address on your WAN if your WAN is.

2. Real MAC address of your device.

3. Your personal information including address, domain name, and credentials.

For troubleshooting purposes, when a WAN IP is needed, please leave some values visible for identification.

And if you have self-examined your IP address, please follow this guide and paste the results for each step here.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-02-22 16:36:09 - last edited 2024-02-22 16:38:45

Hello @Clive_A,

1. the german support number (+49) 0211 5447 4970 (Festnetz, deutschsprachig) no specific firmware version was mentioned only "unoffical" and I don't remember the name of the agent.... I never do...

2. I have 2 WAN-adresses here are the screenshots:

Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

see above WAN-IP's

Step 4

with this firmware-version it's working now, but not with all the others after that version.

Options
2024-02-23 01:20:43 - last edited 2024-02-23 01:27:40

Hi @Banzak 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Banzak wrote

Hello @Clive_A,

1. the german support number (+49) 0211 5447 4970 (Festnetz, deutschsprachig) no specific firmware version was mentioned only "unoffical" and I don't remember the name of the agent.... I never do...

2. I have 2 WAN-adresses here are the screenshots:

Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

see above WAN-IP's

Step 4

with this firmware-version it's working now, but not with all the others after that version.

If you may, read that article I showed you again and check your WAN IP.

Secondly, your actual WAN IP is not 62.87.X.X. and you don't port forward it. You are just sharing it with others. Ask this with your ISP.

Lastly, the latest firmware.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 296

Replies: 3

Tags

Related Articles